This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horror movies attract horrible audiences

Ugh...took in a matinee of The Strangers: Prey At Night (surprisingly good, recommended for slasher fans ), and despite it being a 1:00 PM showing on a Wednesday (the day after a major blizzard, no less), I got one of those audiences, the stereotypical kind that makes seeing more horror movies in a theater a skin-crawling chore. Laughing at EVERYTHING (especially gruesome scenes that weren't remotely humorous), the obligatory cries of "Don't go in there!" and cheering moronically at the most violent bits...pretty much ruined a really solid movie for me. More proof, if any was needed, that horror movies should be watched alone, at home, with the lights turned off and the phone unplugged.

I'm so sorry that you got a cinema full of people like me. But I don't go to the movies that often because it is ssssooooooooo hard to stop myself sometimes.

I have been known to laugh at very 'wrong' times. I don't watch slasher or scary movies though. Closest I get are more the suspense/action or spy movies, so Panic Room, Taken, Bournes, Tinker Tailor Solider Spy, etc.

Examples of me being inappropriate are laughing in City of Angels when Meg Ryan's character decides to ride a bike down hill with her eyes closed and near the end of Titanic when Rose says 'I'll never let you go' as she is letting Jack fall to the bottom of the ocean. My sister now refuses to watch either of these with me even though she loves both. There are probably so many more times, but I can't remember them all.
    A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

I will admit that I will laugh at horror movies..mostly as a way to try to keep myself from getting creeped out LOL!

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
        Laughing at EVERYTHING (especially gruesome scenes that weren't remotely humorous)
        My sister did/does this. She told me she did it during the movie "Scream". I believe there's a scene in a bathroom, where some guy puts his ear up to the stall wall, and gets a knife to the head.

My sister told me she laughed, because the guy was dumb enough to put his ear to the stall wall. Or something like that.

Side note: Horror/Slasher is NOT my genre at all. I get nightmares. I know it's probably considered "Suspense" or "Thriller" rather than "horror", but I can't even really watch "Jaws".

I tried with "Nightmare on Elm St." First one freaked me out. Though I did learn how to do a kip up from watching one of those movies.
        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
          Horror/Slasher is NOT my genre at all. I get nightmares. I know it's probably considered "Suspense" or "Thriller" rather than "horror", but I can't even really watch "Jaws".
          "Jaws" really f**ked with my head. That first scene where it 'played' with the girl . . . *shiver*

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
            "Jaws" really f**ked with my head. That first scene where it 'played' with the girl . . . *shiver*

Comment

Love you, too, Jack.

Comment

Working...
              X