This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insert clever title here

I've come up VERY empty on a title for this as the level of stupid is military grade. I was not involved in this order but found about about it shortly after it happened.

We get an internet order (VERY important in a bit) for like 4 pizzas that is going to an extension branch of a small college. This extension is housed on a 3 or 4 floors building (3 or 4 depending on what is on the top floor it changes every now and then) of a 4 floor building. Now this building is not real big but big enough.

Now the order is made and a driver is dispatched. The driver drives to the location and attempts to follow the instructions which say "Please call when you get there" and gives a phone number. The driver starts to call the number given in the instruction and realizes that the phone number 321-123-4567 IS MY PIZZA PLACE'S phone number. The driver then looks at the number the order was placed under (we always require a phone # for various reasons) and realizes IT IS THE SAME PHONE NUMBER 321-123-4567( store's phone number).

The driver in a rare attempt to find the customer wanders around the college for a bit but can not find any one and returns to the store.

Queue the "customer" calling up the store 30+ minutes after the order is due screaming about not getting his order. Customer is reminded they placed an ITERNET order using my pizza place's phone number with instructions to call said number upon arrival. customer still screams that the driver should have spent all the time in the world looking for him.

YEAH military grade stupid.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Using the pizza place's # for the contact # is actually something your website should be able to filter out. Which won't keep people from pointing you to Dial-a-Joke (well, the filter should also handle 900-numbers and such), but might forestall people blindly typing the number they can already see on the screen, or perhaps pasting the number they just copied to their clipboard. (Of course, that assumes this incident was unintentional, which I find doubtful.)

Title: If they were demanding a free pizza in compensation, it could be "When the loon fakes your 'I' for a free pizza pie..."

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
      ... it could be "When the loon fakes your 'I' for a free pizza pie..."
      Dat's a "More? Eh?"
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
        Dat's a "More? Eh?"
        When it swims over the reef
        With a mouthful of teeth
        That's a moray

Comment

When he gives the wrong number
          And there's nobody dumber
          That's a moron.

;-)
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Mind worms and much laughter in the same thread. I don't know if I love it or hate it

Comment

I'll just leave this here, then....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x6lpTLE3aw
              “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
              One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
              The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Hey, you swiped my title!

I can't decide if it was a prank or the guy really was that idiotic. I hope your store doesn't give him anything. I agree with Mental Mouse, that the website should filter certain numbers out, but still, who would be stupid enough to do something like that?
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth gerund View Post
                  When it swims over the reef
                  With a mouthful of teeth
                  That's a moray

If your hand's in a crack
                  and you can't get it back
                  That's a moray
                  Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

Comment

When I delivered pizza, there was this gem of an order.

Delivery address was at 1234 Maple St. All well and fine, made the order, it got handed off to me, and out the door I go. I arrive at 1234 Maple St. and knock on the door. The person answering the door is puzzled; nobody there ordered pizza. I haul the pizza back to the shop and called the number provided (this was before inexpensive cell phones had saturated the market); no answer.

We chalked it up to a prank and divided the order up amongst the crew (hey, free pizza, I couldn't be too awfully angry). The anger would come shortly, however.

About 20 minutes later (roughly an hour after the order was originally placed), the guy calls, super pissed that he is bereft of pizza. We do the troubleshooting. Was the delivery address 1234 Maple? Yes. Was I actually at the correct address? Yes. Was the phone number XXX-XXXX? Yuppers.

Oh, wait. Turns out the customer had had a brain fart; this little factoid only revealed itself after probably 10 minutes of abuse and vitriol. He'd moved here from a nearby town only a few weeks prior and his new address was actually 5678 Elm St. Seems lots of towns name their streets Elm and Maple, who'd have thunk?

Did he apologize for his brain fart or his poor attitude? Yeah, as IF. He did chastise us, however, because according to him, and I quote, 'We should have known!'. And while he didn't get his pizza, he did join a special club we have for such jerks... the Black List.

Comment

As part of my job, I have to call yesterday's customers regarding today's condition of their pets, post visit to see us. I have to be VERY careful what I'm looking at if I need to leave a message with our phone number - if I read their number (easy the way the page is set up) I'm quite likely to give them their own number at which to call us...

Comment

Quoth CyberLurch View Post

<snip>

Oh, wait. Turns out the customer had had a brain fart; this little factoid only revealed itself after probably 10 minutes of abuse and vitriol. He'd moved here from a nearby town only a few weeks prior and his new address was actually 5678 Elm St. Seems lots of towns name their streets Elm and Maple, who'd have thunk?

Did he apologize for his brain fart or his poor attitude? Yeah, as IF. He did chastise us, however, because according to him, and I quote, 'We should have known!'. And while he didn't get his pizza, he did join a special club we have for such jerks... the Black List.
                        This kind of stupidity seems to be universal no matter the location and it is also universal that they expect us to be mind readers as in "WE SHOULD HAVRE KNOWN"

I've had way too many of these in my 13 years bad address bad phone number (how many burn phones ago???) incorrect location, not at work but have work address on order, etc.
                        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                        X