X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky grocery store customer

Dear Mr. Asshat,

Was it REALLY necessary to get pissy and bent out of shape because I walked in front of the shelves you were looking at? You were standing a few feet away from those particular shelves, it wasn't like I pushed past you, and YOU are the rude one for expecting other customers to avoid areas you're browsing in.

The other day I was standing in front of the deli section of the store (like prepared sandwiches and salads) but like, a few steps back since I wasn't sure what I wanted and I didn't want to block other people... A lady was also browsing and walked in front of me, looked over and saw me, and apologized! It made me laugh because it was so unnecessary, and of course I told her she wasn't in my way at all. To me, standard practice at stores is if you're standing back, you're still thinking. Maybe the person in the OP is new to grocery stores. Honestly, people in this town shop like they're preparing for both a zombie apocalypse and sharknado, so if you don't elbow your way through, you just aren't getting food.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

It did occur to me that because I had my name tag and lanyard on (was on my lunch break at work), maybe this guy had thought I was an employee who was "being rude and getting in his way".

Comment

I once had a customer say, not to me but in a passive aggressive way to her imaginary friend, "I wish that staff would get out of the way when I need to buy milk." I politely said that since I was clearing up a giant spillage caused by four bottles simultaniously deciding that they were going to leak, that wouldn't be possible unless she wanted milk all over her shoes. She tutted and stood there the entire time I was mopping up, huffing about how late she was going to be. She could have asked me to pass her a bottle but that didn't occur to her.
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Whenever an SC implies that I shouldn't be stocking product during the day, I make a show of examining their basket and point out that if I don't put it on the shelves they can't buy it.

One thing that I can't stand (and a reason I now carry my health insurance card in my 'work wallet') is that I'll be at floor level stocking olive oils and someone will decide to reach OVER me from a very awkward angle to grab a liter bottle and proceed to hold it above my head to examine...while standing in a way that I cannot get up or move, yet I'm somehow expected to.
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
            Whenever an SC implies that I shouldn't be stocking product during the day
            You can guarantee that the same person would scream about how "this store sucks...they never have anything" As to the second point, I'll only say this -- Elbow + stomach or nuts. Do with that what you will
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
              You can guarantee that the same person would scream about how "this store sucks...they never have anything"
              IIRC the first guy who told me not to stock the shelves said just that not two seconds before....I was about to open a case that contained what he sought, but decided to save it it until after he stomped off (and then a super-nice customer immediately bought most of the case because it was a item she loved but could never find).

I've become somewhat adept at kicking someone on the sly (there's something to be said for a crush of baby strollers, rolling luggage and walkers...), especially when they're crowding me in a way that I need to get up because my foot's cramping. You expect me to apologize when you're the one preventing my movement? Sorry, not gonna happen ever.

My new work shoes are going to be steel-toed for an entirely different reason, but I can probably make that work

J put it best, which is a side of the "customer as guest" that I can get behind: "Yeah, they're guests, but they can't tell us what to do in our own house."
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
              X