This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer wanted a $1.00 refund off a bottle of wine

A co-worker of mine told me yesterday at work that she had a customer who 1) asked her to call a manager who is over the beer and wine department at the Kroger location we both work at, and 2) when she told the customer she would help the customer as soon as she was finished helping her current customer, the customer said "no, you will call a manager who is over the beer and wine department right now."

So my co-worker asked her what the problem was so when the manager came, she could let him know. Apparently the customer was mad that a bottle of wine that she bought at the Kroger location we both work at was a $1.00 less at another Kroger location she went to. But, she did not have her receipt. What she had was a picture on her cell phone of her holding up the bottle of wine, which was a $1.00 less, at the other Kroger location.

The beer and wine manager came over, but he did not give her a $1.00 discount since she did not have her receipt.

All this fuss over getting a $1.00 back when she probably spent more than that in gas going back and forth.

Quoth snugglegirl05 View Post
    All this fuss over getting a $1.00 back when she probably spent more than that in gas going back and forth.
    When I was working in spare parts we would get people going from one shop to another asking the price of something. Mostly it was a $10 something and they would save 50 cents after they spent an hour and $10 worth of petrol (gas) driving around.

The slightly smarter ones would ring around, still save the same 50 cents by finding the cheapest something, but they would have spent at least $1 in phone calls.

I always thought they were funny.

Comment

Quoth snugglegirl05 View Post
      when she told the customer she would help the customer as soon as she was finished helping her current customer, the customer said "no, you will call a manager who is over the beer and wine department right now."
      If only we could say "No, you will wait your turn."
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Prices are different in different locations, New York prices will be different than South Dakota. Even Seattle prices will be different than Lynnwood, which is less than 20 miles away. I don't think stores include "other locations" in their price match but even then she had no proof of what she paid at the other location?? She took a picture of a bottle and thought that magically it would give her... a measly dollar? What a loser. If you're that short of cash, then don't buy wine.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
          She took a picture of a bottle and thought that magically it would give her... a measly dollar? What a loser. If you're that short of cash, then don't buy wine.
          It's not always a 'short of cash' issue. There is, all too often, it's a "I'm getting one over on ____" deal. Some ...humans... just can't be happy without scoring points, counting coup, or whatever little theme they have in their little heads.
          This extends into the 'stupid rich' class as well. Multi-millionaires who do damn stupid crap to save pennies. (I've watched it happen a little too often)

Comment

Actually had noticed that with items from a national chain. The price of a hammock at the store near work might be different than the one closest to your home. it's not an issue until you try to return something.

Comment

Working...
            X