This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judicial suckitude brought low!

This poor excuse for a human being needs to be removed from the bench as soon as possible.

This jerk is suing a dry cleaners for losing a pair of his pants . . . one pair . . . and he's suing these poor folks for $67 million dollars.

I don't think I need to say anything else, just Read This

Phoenix
    "I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons" - Douglas Adams
    "If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off . . . " - unknown

Is the photo caption meant to be funny, I wonder:

"The business owners claim they have his pants, but he's pressing ahead with his suit."

Pressing? Suit?

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Okay I have to respond to several parts of this stupid story:

""People in America are now scared of each other," legal expert Philip Howard told ABC News' Law & Justice Unit. "That's why teachers won't put an arm around a crying child, and doctors order unnecessary tests, and ministers won't meet with parishioners. It's a distrust of justice and it's changing our culture."

Absolutely - it's freaking ridiculous. These frivilous lawsuits aren't helping anyone and they are hurting more people than I think the ones filing the lawsuits realize - b/c it gives others the "courage" to file their own stupid lawsuit.

"It's affecting us first of all financially, because of all the lawyers' fees," Jin Chung said. "For two years, we've been paying lawyer fees. … We've gotten bad credit as well, and secondly, it's been difficult mentally and physically because of the level of stress."
      Later, Soo Chung broke down in tears.
      "I would have never thought it would have dragged on this long," she told ABC News. "I don't want to live here anymore. It's been so difficult. I just want to go home, go back to Korea."

Great - we have legal immigrants who are in business and doing a good job and sound honest and hardworking - and we're driving them out of the country..... and this guy is suing for his "emotional trauma"? I think the hell he's put them through has been more than enough to compensate for his stupid pair of pants.

"It was May 2005 and Pearson was about to begin his new job as an administrative judge. Naturally, he wanted to wear a nice outfit to his first day of work. He said in court papers that he tried on five Hickey Freeman suits from his closet, but found them all to be "too tight," according to the Washington Post."

So it's the dry cleaner's fault that he got fat???

"First, Pearson demanded $1,150 for a new suit. Lawyers were hired, legal wrangling ensued and eventually the Chungs offered Pearson $3,000 in compensation.
      No dice.
      Then they offered him $4,600.
      No dice.
      Finally, they offered $12,000 for the missing gray trousers with the red and blue stripes.
      Pearson said no.
      With neither satisfaction nor his prized gray pants, Pearson upped the ante considerably.
      The judge went to the lawbooks. Citing the District of Columbia's consumer protection laws, he claims he is entitled to $1,500 per violation.
      Per day.

He believes he is entitled to $1,500 for each violation, each day during which the "Satisfaction Guaranteed" sign and another sign promising "Same Day Service" was up in the store -- more than 1,200 days.
      And he's multiplying each violation by three because he's suing Jin and Soo Chung and their son.
      He also wants $500,000 in emotional damages and $542, 500 in legal fees, even though he is representing himself in court.
      He wants $15,000 for 10 years' worth of weekend car rentals as well."

This has to be the ultimate SC - He could've bought several suits with the $12000 they offered him - and this is someone that's going to be on a bench?? PLEASE Tell me no. Get over your stupid self-righteous self and your stupid pair of pants. Take the compensation and go! And what's w/ the car rentals for the weekend? The ONLY other dry cleaner anywhere around is 3 towns away or something??? WHy do you need to RENT a car? Does he not have one in the first place? And I still can't believe there's only ONE dry cleaners in this entire place he lives.... or that the next one is so far away he has to rent a car and drive all weekend to get to it....

and $542, 500 in legal fees even though he's representing himself??

GOD PLEASE DO NOT LET THIS MAN GET ANY MONEY! I think he owes the dry cleaners money for stress, damage to their finances, damage to their business,etc...... if someone awards him money - I'm going to lose all hope in humanity.

Comment

If this yahoo can't be fair and impartial over a friggin' pair of pants, how is he supposed to be fair and impartial over court cases????

Forget murderers, child molesters, drug dealers, wife beaters, drunk drivers. Let's clog up the court system with ridiculous lawsuits against immigrants who made an honest mistake!!

I weep for humanity.
        I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

And lets not forget, they FOUND THE PANTS. Less than a week after misplacing them. This A**hole refused them, and pressed on with the lawsuit. At least that will take a big bite out of his compensation demand that includes $1500 /day as a violation of the satifaction garaunteed sign they have. His refusal of the pants when proven they are in fact his pants, will knock this case out of the water.

ETA: It sounds like this is a Judge only trial, not a jury trial that gives me hope for the fact that the case will be dismissed, and the store owners will get a judgement for court costs at a minimum because of the frivolous lawsuit. I am sure their attorney is smart enough to file for that.
          The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

I can only hope the idiot loses the case and is forced to pay court costs and reimburse the Chungs for their lawyer fees for the last two years. Plus I hope the NY Bar takes a good long look at him and possibly take his license away or at least suspend him for stupidity.
            Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/script...561044&invol=1 that's the case from him sueing his wife for quite a bit of money.

Seems like a real fuking ahole if ya ask me. Not to mention cheap, he doesn't own a car, and thus needs to spend 1,500 dollars on car rental. (He states he doesn't own a car).

A lawyer. That is also a JUDGE. Can't afford a car. Sue's his own wife. Money grubbing peice of shit.
              Military Spouse Support.
              http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
              Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

The only pants worth $67 million are MC Hammer pants.

U Can't Touch This!
                Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

I've heard of people suing for the stupidest things but this one takes the cake. What kind of jackass sues someone over a lost pair of pants for 67 million? And they found the pants! So why in the hell is he pressing forward with this moronic law suit? I don't see the point in causing these poor people any further trouble if they found his oh so precious pants.

If this asshole wins then I will have lost any faith I ever had in humanity.

Comment

Quoth Knightmare View Post
                    The only pants worth $67 million are MC Hammer pants.
                    LOL!!

Thanks for the laugh, Knightmare, I really needed that this morning!!

On a serious note, I'd just like to agree with what everyone has said thus far regarding this low-life piece of sh*&. It really saddens me to know that there really are people that will take such petty things so far . . .

Phoenix

Comment

Because Pearson no longer wanted to use his neighborhood dry cleaner, part of his lawsuit calls for $15,000 — the price to rent a car every weekend for 10 years to go to another business.

You have got to be smurfing kidding me! What a total POS!!!

Comment

Quick update - so many folks have contacted abc regarding this story wanting to help, that the lawyer for the Chungs has set up a website for donations to help them with their legal fees - Clicky

For those of you who feel strongly about this story, I suggest you donate if you can to help these folks win against the world's suckiest customer!

Phoenix

Comment

The trial is going on today . . . someone from the Washington post is blogging updates on it . . . The Saga Continues

Phoenix

Comment

Today ends the trial, the judge won't make a verbal ruling so we should know sometime next week. On the plus side she doesnt seem too happy with him so I dont think he's gonna get anything. Here's the blog from Marc Fisher who attended day 2: http://blog.washingtonpost.com/rawfisher/
                            and here's the article that was in the washington post: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...061201667.html

Comment

I'm with Severen. If that guy is willing to be such a nut over a pair of pants which he can easily replace on his salary, then how can I be assured he will be fair on the bench?

It is truly a tragdey that our court system has become a lottery that rewards stupidity.
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                              X