Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep that's what sucks about our legal system. If you dont agree with the ruling and you've got the jingle, you can appeal to the regional whatever, then to the state, and then take it to the federal level about forty freakin' times.

Fuck it, I say we start a "Give a Buck Legal Defense" for this dry cleaner. There's 300 million of us Americans. Everyone give just one dollar to his defense. 300 million dollars should be enough to keep this idiot judge going until at least he croaks.

http://www.chungfundraiser.com/

Think about it. You know what this means if this tool wins??? That means that if YOU decide to sell literally anything to anyone and they arent happy about it then you'll find yourself fighting off a 50 million dollar lawsuit, claming you "ripped them off". I'm giving 10 bucks, for now. Screw that.
    Last edited by ditchdj; 07-06-2007, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Quoth Phoenix79 View Post
      This jerk is now going to appeal the judge's ruling and ask her to overturn it - and the dry cleaner's lawyer is going to ask the judge to make Pearson pay their legal fees - all $80+ thousand of it!

Clicky
      What a sore loser. Emphasis on "loser"! It's a pair of pants. Cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it.

I hope the court judge throws this out a second time, and rips the putz several new ones.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Yeah but like I said, in America's court system, if you got the money, you legally have the right to appeal it all the way up to the US Supreme Court. You can just simply keep moving up the ladder, and it is the responsibility of the person being sued to come up with the money on his/her own or simply fold and settle or be ruled against and then file for bankruptcy. Screw that.

Comment

Erm, thats not really right
          You're guaranteed one appeal
          After that, you can petition the next higher court to hear your case but they dont have to, im pretty sure that all thats taken into consideration is what happened in the first case/appeal and the petition for a new trial or new verdict, although i could be wrong
          If not though, it wouldnt cost the defendant anything unless the court agreed to hear it, except maybe some legal documents but those shouldnt be too expensive if you use the same lawyer i would hope

Comment

I would make a very inappropriate joke here about not being allowed to execute the mentally disabled...but I'm going to behave myself and not.

Although I would love to know what this guy is on and where I can get some. I bet it would do wonders for my mood swings.
            "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
              Yeah but like I said, in America's court system, if you got the money, you legally have the right to appeal it all the way up to the US Supreme Court. You can just simply keep moving up the ladder, and it is the responsibility of the person being sued to come up with the money on his/her own or simply fold and settle or be ruled against and then file for bankruptcy. Screw that.
              Only the original action must be paid for, if a suit is brought against you and dismissed, the plaintiff can appeal, but, up to and until he finds a judge that agrees to his appeal, you owe nothing, you don't have to keep paying for HIS appeals. And 99.9% of lawsuits shot down, STAY shot down on appeal.

And the higher courts , including the Supreme Court have the right to refuse you a hearing, you can appeal to your heart's content, but, the original call is usually the one that sticks.

Civil law is different from criminal law.
              - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Judicial suckitude brought low!

Of course the judge took great humor of it. Esecally when Judge Roy Pearson broke down and started to cry about how much he misses his pants and had to take a recess. Thankfully he realized how much of a jerk he was, and decided to /only/ sue for 54 million.

The Chungs have to pay lawyer fees, but Roy has to pay for court costs.

OH: Of course he lost. Badily, with a huuuuge possibitly of losing his job as judge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=earnbHxV9MI
                Military Spouse Support.
                http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

He better lose his job, chances are he abused his power at some point in this debacle. From what I understand they drycleaners offered a replacement but he didn't like the style or something. I know we'd all be pissed if the dry cleaners lost a garment but not $70million pissed.
                  How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Yeah, not only did they offer 12,000 near the end, but they tried to give him back his own pants, and he still refused.
                    Military Spouse Support.
                    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

The "54 Million Dollar Pants Lawsuit" presses on

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20269454/

----Why oh why does ANY lawsuit in this nation have the right to be appealed straight up to the US Supreme Court!

Comment

Ah, let him appeal. I'll find it funny if this guy goes bankrupt over a $40 pair of trousers.

Comment

Yeah but what about the poor abused people he's SUING???

Comment

They're kicking his ass. They could very well come out very, very wealthy people at the end if they countersue for damages, defamation and court costs.

Personally, I predict that the judge suing will be disbarred and the cleaners will take him to the cleaners, pun intended.
                            Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!

I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Comment

The guy who's suing needs a reality check. And a kick in the ass. Maybe both. This is why I'm glad most SC's aren't in "positions of power."
                              --Kim--

“It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane.” Philip K. Dick

Comment

Quoth Crazeyal View Post
                                Yeah but what about the poor abused people he's SUING???
                                Quoth Acolyte View Post
                                They're kicking his ass. They could very well come out very, very wealthy people at the end if they countersue for damages, defamation and court costs.

Personally, I predict that the judge suing will be disbarred and the cleaners will take him to the cleaners, pun intended.
                                Like I said, let the guy appeal. He deserves bankruptcy at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X