This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth monolayth View Post
    anyone know when they are releasing names?
    They are right now, at the press conerance.

Thank God, I knew no one. Please tell me you guys didn't know anyone. Please please please tell me you guys didn't know anyone.
    Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

where and when? i'll be working tonight...but i might get off early with the snow and people will prob want to be with family tonight and not eating out.
      5:30...and I THINK it's at Saint Leos...but that I'm not sure. I'll say on line somewhere, I just have yet to look.
      Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

i just missed the names.......
        My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

this whole thing is just starting to hit me....work is gonna suck tonight.
          My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

i just missed the names.......
            Dead:
            Gary Sharp, a customer and resident of Lincoln
            John MacDonald, 66, a customer and resident of Council Bluffs, Iowa
            Angie Shuster, 35, an employee
            Maggie Webb, 24, an employee
            Janet Jorgenson, 66, an employee
            Diane Trent, 55, an employee
            Gary Joy, 56, an employee
            Becky Flynn, 47, an employee

Wounded, was in critical condition, now stable:
            Fred Wilson, 61
            Michelle Oldham, 65

Treated and released:
            Jeff Schaffert, 34
            Brad Stafford, 55

A fifth person hospitalized after the shooting apparently had a medical condition unrelated, and was not identified.

Source: KETV

Comment

I knew no one.......................but it is sickening how many that died were employees. of the 8 that dies 6 of them were employees.

Comment

Tears me up. Not a single one of those people left home thinking they'd never return. Not a single member of their families thought that when they said goodbye to them, that it'd be for the last time.

You just never know when the end is going to come . . .

Comment

I'd like to say something intelligent here but I can't. One name looks familiar but that's not saying much on this end. I am trying to stop crying and I can't.

Keep me posted about the St Leo one, if the snow/roads get better I'll meet you gals there. Shitty way to meet you all finally but eh, c'est la vie.

Oh, fellow Nebraskians? Governor just said that we're to lower our flags. Just so you know.

*Edit: Just found out my Boss and his family knows/is related to through marriage to Becky Flynn. 6 degrees.
                  Last edited by Lil Bunny; 12-06-2007, 03:51 PM. Reason: new news
                  Today was going to be just one of those days...you know, full of zombies.

Comment

Bunny- not even sure if I'm going to stay in O-town the rest of the day!! Um, I'll let you know if I do and if I go to the service. We got our flag lowered.
                    Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

Drive safe out there. My boys said there were cars everywhere (idiots...go figure). I'm tempted to borrow a bob cat and drive it home.

Comment

It really sucks when going to work ends up killing you.

That's all I really have to say.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Captain Kidd View Post
                          Dead:
                          Gary Sharp, a customer and resident of Lincoln
                          Scharf, not Sharp.

I worked with him about 12 years ago. Only for about four months, but . . .

Hell of a guy.

Damn it all.

Comment

Aww man Morgana *hugs*

I guess there were a lot of misspellings/mispronunciations out there. Boss man knew the gal as Beverly, not Becky. Maybe she went by that though. Unsure to say the least.

Comment

To my fellow Omaha area fol, I'm very relieved to see that you're ok!

The unbridled rage that echoes through every fiber of my being over this is almost indescribeable. some 19 year old COWARD upset over an MIP ticket and getting fired from a burger joint woke up and decided to drive from bellevue to the westroads (not a quick drive any time of day) and take it out on people that he didn't know.
                              What pisses me off even more is all the media sensationalist bullshit that, inevitably, is swirling around this. It makes me physically sick to know that this will be used as fodder for the presidential debates on issues of gun control, public safety, child psychology, etc.
                              I know he was probably a troubled kid and all, but that doesn't justify squat. I'm not trying to offend anyone's point of view, just that this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Maybe it's just the warrior's spirit in me, but I have no sympathy for this kid, his friends, family, or anyone else close to him, especially since his buddies were on the news wednesday night saying that they knew he was sitting in the parking lot of the mall with a gun and decided to do nothing because they didn't think he'd go through with it. I hope Sarpy county locks them in a cell with someone related to a victim and looks the other way!
                              As for the healing process, I would very much be down for having a beer with any of you in the area (I promise I'm not a violent guy, I just share allot of Frank Castle's beleifs on murderers and rapists). There's a free concert on sunday the 16th at the sokol for the purpose of getting the community back to normal, I won't be able to go due to work, but Shea Rileys Pub has a poetry night every tuesday that has always been a comfortable place for me, I'm sure this week there will be allot of people there airing out their feelings; I would encourage you to join us, PM me for details.
                              Something else that I wanted to add; last night someone sugested that we not remember this with the perpetrator's name and face, but with the names of the 8 who died. I've been pushing the coward's name out of my head, and I'd like to ask the rest of you to do the same. The note said he wanted to go out with a blaze of glory or be famous or something, let's deny him his dying wish just like they did with the man who killed John Lennon.

To the mods and everyone else; I'm sorry if I violated a few posting rules, but if nothing else it feels good to get this out. It's time for a beer!
                              "Ride the spiral to the end, it may just go where no one's been. Spiral out, keep going..." -Lateralus

Comment

I agree.......ill let ya know if i can go after i get my schedule sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X