This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth dendawg View Post
    Worse yet, the stampede also apparently caused a pregnant woman to miscarry.
    Early witness accounts that the woman suffered a miscarriage were unfounded, police said
    Still ...

Mind you, tragic and stupid as this is, you have to wonder at "tried to hold back the crowd". D'uh. Stupid thing to do. When they break through the doors, including ripping the hinges off, you run like f*ck to get out of there! You don't stand there and try and be a human barrier.

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
      Still ...

Mind you, tragic and stupid as this is, you have to wonder at "tried to hold back the crowd". D'uh. Stupid thing to do. When they break through the doors, including ripping the hinges off, you run like f*ck to get out of there! You don't stand there and try and be a human barrier.
      QFT. If you're not supposed to be at the door, stay at where you're assigned to work so you don't have to face quite the full crowd at once.

Even at my store, which wasn't very busy at all compared to this Wally World. People are at their most insane coming through the door.

Yeah, like I should talk. I was giving people high-fives as they passed me on their way to electronics, toys and housewares. There are several things wrong with me.

Lastly, what the hell did Wally World have that was such an attractive deal? Wally World in my city was also nucking futs, from what I overheard.

Quoth UncleImpy
      I dropped the wife off at her 'bullseye' store an hour before it was supposed to open this morning and there was already a good line of 30-40 people. She just groaned in horror and asked me to drop her off at the side.
      There were at least that many people in line an hour before my store opened. We took our last break of the night out back and I walked around to see the people lined up. Per corporate, we had to put the coffee machine by the doors so the people standing in line could have hot coffee and leave their coffee cups all over the place.

But once again, I find myself saying: Humanity--I'm really disappointed in it.
      Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 11-28-2008, 08:12 PM.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Cops should have sealed everyone in, then charged them all with reckless manslaughter.
        "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Well not really. I mean, if I went through that door first and was past the employee before he fell, I'm not at all responsible.

Crashing through the door /= manslaughter.

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
            Well not really. I mean, if I went through that door first and was past the employee before he fell, I'm not at all responsible.

Crashing through the door /= manslaughter.
            No, but crashing through the door DOES equal vandalism, so the people who were past him when he went down should at least be brought up on that charge.
            MySpace

Comment

Quoth Lachrymose View Post
              I hate people..I hate people...I hate people
              You took the words right out of my mouth.
              "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

I just hope this is the end of this sort of practice, the early bird crap. Sales are one thing, this is stupid. It needs to stop now.

I mean we all knew something like this would didn't we?
                For civilized discussion about broadcasting, media and sports along with fun games to play, visit:
                http://atriumforum.com/
                Emphasis on Michigan area broadcasting, but ANYONE is welcome!

Comment

Quoth dendawg View Post
                  Worse yet, the stampede also apparently caused a pregnant woman to miscarry.
                  Just to clarify on this point. Both articles state that the baby was fine.

Early witness accounts that the woman suffered a miscarriage were unfounded, police said.
                  A 28-year-old pregnant woman was taken to a hospital, where she and the baby were reported to be OK
                  Otherwise, yes this tragedy is a prime example of stupidity and ignorance at its worst.

Comment

How entitled do you have to feel to be willing to bust down a METAL door and trample a man to death... If I was in that crowd and looked down to see I was stepping on people to get inside, I'm pretty sure I'd vomit. It's a fucking WALMART sale people, it is not a matter of life and death. You are not running from terrorists or zombies and it's utterly disgusting that you would act that way.
                    PS: Hey dumb asses, I went to 2 different stores around 10 or 11 this morning, almost no lines and I got EVERY item I was looking for, so yeah, killing someone for your most awesome Optimus Prime action figure is retarded.
                    "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Welcome to Walmart, where you can get great savings and kill a man all in the same five minutes...
                      Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

My coworker sent this to me this morning. I forwarded it to myself, on the off chance that no one would have posted it by the time I got home. My first thought was, how many people are bitching because the store closed?

Quoth Dark-Star View Post
                        I personally wouldn't attend a doorbuster.
                        Fixed that. I don't need anything that badly. Even if I didn't have to work, I would not have gone shopping anywhere today. Except the grocery store where I stopped for milk on my way home.

Quoth NightWatch View Post
                        it is not a matter of life and death.
                        Sadly, it is today.
                        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Nothing in those doorbuster sales and I mean NOTHING is worth a human life. We did go to Costco today but went after 1 PM. Humanity is evil.

Comment

I don't think anyone has thought of this.. but it would be a stretch... FELONY MURDER. They broke down the door.. hence B & E, and a death took place.

The defination of felony murder is for a death to take place if it was expected or not while in the commission of a felony, IIRC.

Comment

"The safety and security of our customers and associates is our top priority," Wal-Mart spokesman Dave Tovar said.

Apparently not.

Comment

Quoth Sandman View Post
                                I don't think anyone has thought of this.. but it would be a stretch...
                                The door wasn't locked and the customers were welcome at the store and the store was open for business. Breaking and Entering is a huuuuuuge stretch.

Someone said it earlier. At most some people could be brought up on vandalism for breaking the door and some people could be brought up on involuntary manslaughter if they can identify those people who trampled the poor man. But the likelihood of identifying those people is slim.

Comment

Working...
                                X