This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see. That sucks.

It would have been better if he'd been blasted to the moon. That way he can live by his perfect little self.

No link needed. I know what the Holocaust is. I just didn't remember Blacks being mentioned. Though, popular rumour is Hitler was a great father.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
      No link needed. I know what the Holocaust is. I just didn't remember Blacks being mentioned. Though, popular rumour is Hitler was a great father.
      I only included the link to show the list of those targeted. I didn't mean to seem condescending, and I apologize.

And AFAIK, Hitler had no descendents.
      Last edited by XCashier; 12-19-2008, 05:20 AM.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

The History channel is always saying how he was a great father. Maybe he has no living decendents.
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

This is true, I'll give you that. I wonder, did Hilter kill blacks too? I was never knew and am too lazy to look it up.
          Dunno, but it wouldn't surprise me.

In doing research for a 10th-grade multimedia project on the 1936 Summer Olympics in Berlin (I think), I learned Hitler expressed disdain for Jesse Owens when he won all his gold medals, and refused to attend the medal ceremonies.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Jock? I would have thought it was Jacques? Pronounced the same but spelled as such, it's the French version of John or Jack.
            Jock is the Scottish version.

Comment

In case anyone wants to discuss this in a Fratching-esq way; I have a thread on, well, Fratching.

http://www.fratching.com/showthread.php?t=829

Btw, Stalin was way WORSE than Hitler; Stalin massacred millions of his own people, yet got a pat on the back from the Allies. -.- Maybe these idiots will name their next kid Joseph Stalin.
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

A couple things you need to know about me. I am from a Jewish family, and I am a First Amendment junkie. Despite what some people think, these two things are not contradictory.

In this example, I believe that the Campbell's had every right to name their three children whatever they wanted, including the Nazi-esque names they chose. I also believe that the store that refused to do the cake had that right as well. It is a private business, and they reserve the right to refuse service to anyone, in their case if they feel it is inappropriate. They did, so they did. Again, under the First Amendment, this was their right. Equally, the shop that DID do the cake also had the right to choose to do it.

Now I know that the First Amendment's guarantees to free speech are not universal and do not apply everywhere. However, it is important to note that this story did take place in the U.S., where such things are protected. So please, don't point out to me that this would not be allowed everywhere. I already know that.

Do I think these people are fuckpuckets? Absofreakinglutely. But in their (Devil's Advocate) defense, they have the right to name their children whatever they want, they have the right to get the cake they want (though only if they can find a store willing to do it--their right to that cake does not supercede stores' rights to refuse to do it), and simply raising their children to believe as they do does not, in my opinion, constitute child abuse. More importantly, because of the free speech provisions of the U.S. Constitution, governmental agencies are not likely to remove these children just for that particular reason.

Before anyone jumps on my, again I remind you--I think these people are flaming idiots who don't deserve anything approaching a pleasant time. But there is a difference between "deserve" and "have a right to."

Now, as if I have not done enough damage, I am going to try to raise a few more points about some things that have been said here.

Quoth trinnyg View Post
                I do remember that Nazis support is considered Illegal in most countries
                Yes it is. But there is a notable difference between actively supporting Nazi war criminals from WWII or supporting Nazi causes in modern times and simply professing a belief in the Nazi philosophy, up to and including naming your children in honor of such. And in the country this took place in (U.S.A.), free speech is highly valued and protected by the very Constitution that the government is built on.

Quoth blas87 View Post
                I'm in shock that a bakery somewhere actually DID write on that cake.......fucking amazing. Amazingly horrible.
                Are you really that shocked? We all know there are a lot of businesses that will do anything for a buck. Obviously each business has the right to do this or not do this. One chose not to do it, another chose to do it. That is their right as a business to do. If they had fired an employee for refusing to do the actual decoration, that would have been something else....but that would be a separate issue, and did not actually happen in this case.

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                Attention seekers...possibly mentally imbalanced.. Some weird form of munchausen's by proxy with names?
                Okay, I have a problem with this, and I've said this before. Why is it that every time someone does something stupid/annoying/idiotic, we feel the need to attach some mental disease to it?

My guess is that these people don't suffer from any such clinical designation. They are, for lack of a better phrase, simply assholes. After all, if you assign them a disease or disorder that causes this, in a small way, you are removing blame from them for their idiocy. And I dare say that would be dangerous step in this story. These people are assholes, they did a few asshole things, and let's leave it at that, and the blame at their feet, and not make it the result of this or that mental health issue they may or may not have.

I wonder, did Hilter kill blacks too? I was never knew and am too lazy to look it up.
                Hitler and his Nazis killed all political enemies, whatever their color, and any races they considered inferior, which was all non-whites. True, their chief enemy (in their minds, and by the numbers killed) were Jews, but they did not limit themselves to mere anti-Semitism. And that is why Jesse Owens kicking ass in the Berlin Olympics was so freakin' awesome.

Though, popular rumour is Hitler was a great father.
                Popular rumor? I've never heard it, despite having read dozens of books about Hitler, the Nazis, the Holocaust, etc.

More to the point, Hitler never married or reproduced. And Hitler descendants are descended from his family, not from him. So, anyone who tells you they are a direct biological descendant of Adolf Hitler (or Wyatt Earp, for the same reason) are full of bull hockey.

The History channel is always saying how he was a great father. Maybe he has no living decendents.
                He has no descendants, living or dead, period. There is no record of Hitler having ever fathered a child, and I have never heard any historian suggest as much. Keep in mind, Hitler was notoriously awkward around women, and his few relationships with them were generally not very sexual. The two great loves of his life were his niece (her name slips my mind at the moment), who killed herself due to his behavior towards her, and Eva Braun, a relationship he not only kept secret from the public, but in reality he barely paid attention to. And there is no record of his niece or Braun having mothered any children by him.

Any rumor that might exist about Hitler having been a great father is probably more geared towards his image as a father figure towards the German people, one he and his propaganda machine forwarded and fostered as much as they could.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Maybe they got mixed up with Stalin? He had a daughter, if I remember rightly; called Svetlana. I've read up on Hitler and Jester's darn right; there was also Unity Mitford, but she was never Hitler's lover; merely his companion and supporter. I think her father brought out a statement when people speculated.
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Bloodsoul View Post
                    Honestly, if my last name were Campbell, I'd have named my son Bruce...
                    Oh, hell yeah!
                    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                      Maybe they got mixed up with Stalin? He had a daughter, if I remember rightly; called Svetlana.
                      That is a definite possibility. Since Stalin and Hitler are often closely associated in history, it stands to reason that many people will mix up the minor details of one's life with the other.

Svetlana was Stalin's most famous progeny, but he also had sons named Yakov, Vasiliy, and (out of wedlock) Konstantin Kuzakov. There have been speculations and rumors about other clandestine affairs (and offspring), but nothing overly substantial.

Yes, I am a student of history. And no, Hitler still had no kids.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

an update

I saw this as I was checking my mail this morning

http://www.canadaeast.com/rss/article/462673

Its a short article, but for those who don't wish to follow the link or in case it gets removed, I'll quote it too.
                        Quoth canadaeast.com
                        HOLLAND TOWNSHIP, N.J. - Police say three New Jersey siblings whose names have Nazi connotations have been placed in the custody of the state.

Sgt. John Harris says state child care workers removed three-year-old Adolf Hitler Campbell and his younger sisters, JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell from their home Tuesday. Harris says family services did not tell police why the children were removed.

A spokeswoman says the agency does not comment on specific cases.

The children and their parents, Heath and Deborah Campbell, received attention last month when a supermarket bakery refused to put Adolf Hitler Campbell's name on a birthday cake.
                        "If you find yourself fantasizing about throwing actual users into a blender, please get help... they're heavy." - Tom Dickson

Comment

Working...
                        X