Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BREAKING NEWS: Explosions at Boston Marathon!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI, was just getting off of work when all of this went down. I'm grateful to know my fellow CSers from this area are alive and well.

My roommate has an AA meeting in the Cambridge area and I called to make sure he was alright. Then I heard about the boy who was killed and I called my sister (who is the same age) to tell her I love her.

There's not a lot I can add here in regards to my feelings. I've been trying to remain my usual detached self and I fail when I spend more than a few minutes thinking about it.

Comment

Yes, the letter with Ricin on it was sent to a Mississippi Senator; a suspect has since been taken into custody.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

http://www.arrl.org/news/radio-amate...mbings-updated

Info about how the communications changed from routine stuff to critical.

Comment

Remain calm, citizens. Superheroes have arrived on scene!

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/paK3lGJh.png

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/sho...-Arrest-Friday

http://www.examiner.com/article/sena...oston-massacre

Huh...remember what I said before about asshat politicians? I don't normally go full retard on this conspiracy theory stuff...but damn...way to play into it.
            "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
            "What IS fun to fight through?"
            "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Lautenberg is pretty big on restricting firearms so it's not a surprise that he'd sponsor a bill like that. It shouldn't be shocking to anyone that some people might think restricting who can own explosives is a good thing. I'm not debating politics on this, just that predicting such a thing happening is very far from being impressive.
              "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

We are NOT going to bring politics into this, is that clear? This is not the thread nor the forum for it.
                The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
                  Hmm....I have to wonder how the AdelaideNow journalists (who do not normally have a LOT of credibility) knew about this
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

On the MS guy: The original suspect has been cleared and released, and they took a different person in.

On a lighter note -- for those who play D&D Online or Lord of the Rings Online, the devs (their HQ is in BOston) have begun a promo that lets players get free The One Fund ribbons (DDO) and cloaks (LotR) for their toons. Just thought it was kinda neat
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                    X