This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchen Nighmares season finale - Chef finally walks

For six seasons, DaDairyDruid and I have been watching Chef Gordon Ramsay as he's yelled and screamed at people in Hell's Kitchen. We've watched him turn around restaurants in Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares (UK version) as well as Kitchen Nightmares.

We've expected on either version of the show for Gordon to simply walk out because of difficult owners. But he's managed to turn the place around. Not all have stayed open, but it's clear that the owners want to work with him.

However, Friday night was the first time he actually did walk out because of the owners.

Part 1
    Part 2

It is possibly the most talked about episode that has ever aired in the history of the show.

Also, a blog of restaurants for both the UK and US versions of the show and which are still open and which have closed.
    Last edited by fma_fanatic; 05-12-2013, 04:07 PM.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

I'm sorry. This is impossible. No people can be *that* crazy.

Comment

Oh, it gets more interesting on the restaurant's facebook page (especially when people post links about her arrest for bank fraud - didn't see that one coming, didja?) I thought I was crazy about my cats, but this woman takes the cake.
      Random conversation:

Comment

The Hot Potato Grill from season 3 I really wanted to stay open. I would have loved to be able to go to a place like that. If there was one nearby that had good prices I might go everyday. I love making hot potatoes but I just don't like how I normally burn my finger tips.

Comment

The owner takes the servers' tips and wonders why the help won't stay.

The pizza is raw, which tells me the oven isn't hot enough or otherwise working properly.

The burger...yecch. WTF were they thinking?!

The kitchen is clean and well-organized, if small. She knows how to decorate cakes, and apparently they're pretty good. I think they should've stuck with cakes and pastries and not tried to go full-on restaurant. Perhaps they'd have loads less stress that way. Better a top-notch bakery than a mediocre restaurant.

He's a control freak, she's high-strung and can't accept criticism, both ridiculously egotistical, neither will admit anything is wrong...no wonder things have gone straight to hell there. I do not blame Ramsay one bit for walking out. You cannot help anyone who will not accept help. And I truly pity anyone who works there.
          Last edited by XCashier; 05-12-2013, 08:59 PM. Reason: clarification
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Wow. That's bad. I'm so shocked and disgusted with them. The only good thing is that they won't be in business much longer.
            "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

I love how no matter what is happening, there are no shots of Amy where she doesn't look insane.

It's like she goes beyond narcissism into some sort of bizarre self-fanaticism.
              » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

...and I'm not even to the point where Chef arrives yet. These people are for real?!?
                Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

They weren't even open for Mother's Day today:
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIF9m3LdZ94
                  Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Not surprised that comments are being deleted. I joked that she might come out and try to sue for slander. Of course it has to be untrue for it to be slander.
                    Random conversation:

Comment

A burger with Truffle oil and Garlic tastes good? Really? I want her to go on "Chopped" with that burger. The judges unilaterally HATE truffle oil and only one person used it in the way to bring out the flavors in his sauce (he used a little to thicken his sauce quicker (the judges said that is the way it is supposed to be used.).

Also the owner's of Fiesta Sunrise in Nyack, NY now own a successful restaurant in Spring Valley, NY. The location of their first restaurant was the main reason that it closed ( it was taken back due to not paying the taxes they owed). It was located in a hard to reach place across from a mall that basically has EVERY chain restaurant and fast food places in it. And that doesn't even include the normal food court and food carts that you can find at EVERY mall. Three other restaurants tried and failed since Fiesta Sunrise.
                      Last edited by Titi; 05-13-2013, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                        They weren't even open for Mother's Day today:
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIF9m3LdZ94
                        At least one comment below the video says they opened a few minutes later ...

I'm not particularly a fan of Ramsay but have these people never watched his show? What did they expect when they called him in? (Wait, I'm guessing they expected this would be the one time he would fall all over the owners and tell them they were perfect and yes, their customers were just low-class and unappreciative ...)

It'd be nice to see another update in a couple of months. I think they'll be closed for real by that time. The customers they've pissed off won't be back, their families and friends likely won't come by, the families and friends of most of their staff and ex-staff probably won't come in, and a lot of people who saw that show will probably cross them off the "Must try this place!" list. It shouldn't take long. Then they can spend their time using their fangs on each other.

Just Googled the restaurant and right below the name is a little warning link: "This site may be compromised" ...
                        Last edited by Pixilated; 05-13-2013, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
                          I'm not particularly a fan of Ramsay but have these people never watched his show? What did they expect when they called him in? (Wait, I'm guessing they expected this would be the one time he would fall all over the owners and tell them they were perfect and yes, their customers were just low-class and unappreciative ...)
                          Exactly. I can only think of one place where he ever liked the food on the first go-around (it was from the UK series). Ramsay's show has been on for a while now. They should know what to expect.

While I'm sure the editors cut the clips to build more drama...this woman's just nuts.

Comment

I...I just...wow...
                            "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
                            "What IS fun to fight through?"
                            "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

The owner takes the servers' tips and wonders why the help won't stay.
                              Um... so they steal from the employees? I'm thinking they might need to get a lawyer asap cos that shit's not legal afaik

Comment

Working...
                              X