Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't care! It's MY F'ING PARKING SPACE!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too live in a block of flats/apartments where I have my own parking space. It is bloody annoying when some git parks in your space.

Last time it happened when the driver of a blue Toyota Hiace van parked there I left a very terse message on the windscreen/windshield: "You are parked in my designated parking space. Do Not Park here again! "

'Telling them off' like you would a mischeivious 3 year old seems to do the trick.

Comment

Parking disputes caused a great deal of hassle for me. Like the OP, a parking space is included in my rent and there is a clause there saying that we may not allow anyone else to park there.

My new next door neighbour moves in and whilst he seems to be quite decent, he has shedloads of wanker friends, who are quite happy parking in every empty spot, regardless of who is entitled to park there.

Over a matter of months, I had it all. I asked politely, I asked not so politely, I left notes and it was only when I would just pull up behind them, completely blocking them in - which led to an ugly confrontation that stopped just short of actually landing blows- that they respected where I wanted to park.

Not a happy episode of my life at all.
      There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.

Comment

isn't it sweet when people try to get violent over their "right" to use your parking space?

Comment

This might be one for Argabarga....

but just how DO you tow a two wheeler Motorbike?
          "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
          Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
            just how DO you tow a two wheeler Motorbike?
            Forklift, I think.

Or maybe one of those box trucks with the hydraulic lift on the back. I read that book by the cop who infiltrated the Mongols MC. He mentioned an episode where one of the gang members' POS bike broke down on the highway, and I think that's how they wound up moving it.

Comment

In a professional sense it is probably one of the flat bed trucks.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I've seen a flat-bed tow vehicle with a motorbike secured to it. That, along with certain RWD cars (which need the propshaft turning in order to lubricate the diff), must be the main use for them.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                  I'm pretty sure I've seen a flat-bed tow vehicle with a motorbike secured to it. That, along with certain RWD cars (which need the propshaft turning in order to lubricate the diff), must be the main use for them.
                  Eh, they could be used for any number of reasons., even with FWD cars. Like a completely flat rear tire, damage to the rear end of the car from a collision, etc.

Comment

If you pay for that spot, I'm very sure you can get them towed. You'd have to call a towing company and see what the usual procedure is, but I'm absolutely certain it can be done.

Comment

personally this is why i like what they do at mom's apartment.

There IS paid parking, but there's no way anyone can bogart your spot... unless they're resolved to get lock picks. The paid spots are all covered garages in the center of the lot.

The rest of the lot is open parking, so any claim on a spot is unofficial.... although many residents tend to use the same spots repeatedly, so it works out well.

Kinda like here in a way. I mean there's no paid/assigned parking except for handicapped spots, and those are designated by apartment number. although so far i haven't seen anyone rude enough to try stealing those spots.

Comment

A local ornament store down town shut down recently. We were able to go in and snap up some nice wares going for dirt cheap - I got a Dartington Crystal champagne flute for £10. The lady running the dying shop was trying to sell the till to someone on the phone. In the middle of the shop was a cage of stuff not from the shop floor, which included one of those steel lockable hinged bollard things. We were so, so sorely tempted to get it and install it.... but we didn't.
                        "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

At my apartment you need a little clicker thingy to get into the assigned parking (there is plenty of free parking on the street for guests and additional vehicles but the lot for assigned parking has a gait), you only get on spot per apartment and one clicker so there really isn't much of a problem with people using your spot (although the guy with the spot to the right of mine gets our spots mixed up every now and then but we each recognize the other's cars so if I see him in my spot I just take his).

Comment

Working...
                          X