This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Always ask someone you love before putting anything in your mouth."

You cannot make this stuff up. The quote is from end of the second ad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kdFd49mLxw
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

The Nostalgia Critic really had fun with this one... >_ ><_<
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

"Don't you put it in your mouth" was just a good example of campy Canadian PSAs in general. A catchy ear worm that will be stuck in your head for days if you're not careful. And in hindsight, a real WTF if you watch it. Nostalgia Critic had fun with that.

I didn't watch teh video but I saw in the comments someone mentioned the House Hippo PSA. It's a great PSA, IMO... but as an example of completely missing the point, what do you do when the Adult is the one who believes it? My mom for whatever reason thought House Hippos actually existed, and it was up to my sister and I (both adults now ) to convince her otherwise.

Another Canadian PSA that was really nightmare fuelish, was the WarAmps Aster commercials. "I am Aster. A robot from the planet Danger. I can put my arm back on. You can't. So play safe." They have a 'modernized' CGI one that aired more recently, that is Ok, but the animation detracts from the message. The older one made with stopmotion models IIRC, was much more effective. or at least it was one of the first I saw.

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
        Another Canadian PSA that was really nightmare fuelish, was the WarAmps Aster commercials. "I am Aster. A robot from the planet Danger. I can put my arm back on. You can't. So play safe." They have a 'modernized' CGI one that aired more recently, that is Ok, but the animation detracts from the message. The older one made with stopmotion models IIRC, was much more effective. or at least it was one of the first I saw.
        Ah yes, that one. To put it into perspective. That line is preceded by the character going through areas that would make the Super Meat Boy devs go "nope!" to.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Right. Here's the video I remember.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km4f-eRE4Kc

There's a newer version that's more CGI, but it's not as good IMO.

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
            "Don't you put it in your mouth" was just a good example of campy Canadian PSAs in general. A catchy ear worm that will be stuck in your head for days if you're not careful.
            Thanks. I didn't even watch the linked vid and yet I've got that song stuck in my head now thanks to memory. Just what I needed.

I didn't watch teh video but I saw in the comments someone mentioned the House Hippo PSA.
            My brother thought House Hippos were real when he was a kid and wanted one as a pet. He was devastated when he found out they weren't.

Another Canadian PSA that was really nightmare fuelish, was the WarAmps Aster commercials.
            Aw, I liked the Aster commercial. I thought that little robot was cute.
            my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
            it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

I agree. I love the Aster commercials too; I've always been a robot fan in general; but looking at it now, it is well in the Nightmare Fuel category when you look at what Planet Danger is doing.

Comment

Working...
              X