X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3DS system transfer woes

Day 2 of trying to make this work.

I'm trying to do a system transfer from my old 3DS to a New3DS XL, and the old 3DS isn't recognizing my Nintendo Network password (says it's incorrect). I've confirmed my password on Ninty's website and have triple-checked that I'm typing it correctly on the 3DS, but still no joy. Is there a way to perform a system transfer without the NNID and download my content/eShop/etc afterwards?

I know that you can change an NNID password on the 3DS itself, but I don't even recall what my "original" PW was and only have the new one I changed via the website.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Silly question, are you sure you're using the right *ID*?

Comment

I should be, I only have the one ID on the source system. I didn't set anything up on the new one past the basic system settings (time/date, region, etc).

Weirdly, it kinda-sorta worked once with a generated temporary password, then the source system decided to not see the SD card so I had to start over (and reset my PW). That was when the password problems started...I'll try resetting it again with another temp PW and see what happens.

Comment

I've been looking up some guides and none of them are requiring the Nintendo ID.

Try this guide from NintendoLife. It's the most detailed I've seen.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Now it seems to be working....using yet another NNID temp password (whoda thunk I could come up with a password that's too complicated?). I think one of my first mistakes was attempting this on a weekend when everyone and their dog was online (everyone has Comcast so we have 75,214 signals overlapping in the building at prime time).

So far so good...

....aaand at 75% I get the "Could not detect SD card" error (wireless transfer). Back to step one...hopefully I can get this done tonight.
          Last edited by Dreamstalker; 04-24-2019, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X