This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YAY, I'm temporarily getting sent to another store. *Happy dance*

I found out today that we need to send some people to our Minot store (3.5 hour drive away.) for a week to help it be ready for grand opening. I am one of the "star" employees, management knows this and didn't want to send me. However they HAD to send X numbers of employees to help and nobody wants to do it. They found some people to go, but in the end they had to ask me. I don't know why everyone hates doing this. It is basicly a chance to get out of town, be paid for drive time (7 hours at base pay in my case), stay in a nice motel, get paid meals ($25 a day), and get a break in the daily grind. We can have alcohol when we are off the clock, but the company won't pay for it. I worked in our Devils Lake store for 5 weeks last summer. I loved every minute of it. I worked 58 hour weeks, ate like a king on the company dime,($25 goes a long way if you know how to spend it.) and got to check out another store and town. The kick ass paycheck was a good thing too.

I leave this Monday and I will be back on Friday. I will take my laptop, but I don't know if I will have internet at the motel. So if you don't hear from me this week, don't worry. I'll be eating as much pizza, subs, and chocolate milk as I can, burn it all off busting my butt, and enjoying every minute of it. After all that, I'll get a large paycheck as well.
    "Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

Good luck and have a great time!
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Good luck, have fun, and have some chocolate milk for me!!!!!!
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Bad news

I found out today that they arn't sending me. However the reason they arn't sending me is good. Management considered me too important to send to another store because they know they would be SOL if I wasn't there to cover my departments. So on the bad side, I don't get free pizza. On the plus side, it just shows how important I am in the store.

/Management -> <- Me
        "Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

Comment

Well, it sounded like fun. And at least you know you're in demand.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Lucky you! When I got sent to another store in April the company didn't splurge to put me up in a hotel. I had to drive 90 miles there and 90 miles back each day for a week.

By the time I got home, all I could do was eat and go to bed. I was putting in 10 hour days.

I was asked if I wanted to go back for a couple days a couple weeks later, and I turned them down. If I'm going to be sent to another store to help out, I'm only going to go if the drive is an hour or less or I get put up in a hotel room.
            Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 07-12-2006, 02:37 AM.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
            X