Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Q: It's winter. There is snow on the roads. Your car has, as per the law at this time of year, snow tyres fitted (but not, in this case, studs - they're optional), and is rear-wheel drive. You're on the main road, and to your right is a steep uphill road. Both sides of this fairly narrow road are pretty much filled with parked cars.

Do you:

a) Turn right cautiously.

b) Turn right confidently, knowing your vehicle's capabilities in these conditions.

c) Hit the loud pedal as hard as you can, hurl yourself around the corner, and make your rear end swing dangerously from side to side up the hill, barely missing the parked cars.

Yeah, I saw option c) happen once.

Comment

You are driving north on 15, you first exit onto 80 westbound, then exit onto Redwood going north. Do you
      A. go 65 on 80 westbound, then 40 on Redwood going north (the speed limit for both)
      or
      B. go 40 on 80 westbound then 65 on Redwood going north.

If you chose B, please go to hell, you are the reason that I was almost late for work last night.
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

youre driving north on I-91 and it splits to I-91 or I-93, 3 lanes on the left for 91 and 2 on the right for 93. do you:

a) signal and move over when space is allowed to continue on 91
        or
        b) cut off at last possible second on the drivers right hand side

if you said b, then youd be the jerk who nearly took my front end off last week!
        at the last second when you an no longer change lanes, he cuts me off, and squeezes between me and a school bus going about 70. he then goes around the bus and cuts it off, and takes the next exit. i was driving ( i didnt even hit the horn) so my mom turned to look to see what company this guy drove for and all we see is the bird.

wtf dude? u cut me off and you get and at me? its not like he tried to pull up and SIGNAL..ha

CT drivers do suck--big time, but this was in MA

Comment

Erm....91/93 never intersect... Do you mean 95/93?

Cause I hate that split. Avoid it like the devil. If I have to get from CT into Boston, I go up through Worcester and grab 90. It's still a pain, but less so than 95.

95 is the Road From Hell. I'm convinced of it. I have never once had a good experience on that thing.

Comment

You are driving along the slow lane of a highway, going at about 100km/h (roughly 65mph). There is no other car ahead of you for more than a mile. Now, two things happen at the same time:
            - You are approaching the entry lane from a feeder road, converging with your lane from the right. However, said lane is empty.
            - Another car, using the fast lane, is coming up from behind you at 180km/h (110mph).

Do you...

a) continue on your merry way, allowing the faster car to pass you
            b) pull over into the fast lane without accelerating, to make way for a hypothetical car on the feeder you might have overlooked
            c) as per b), but without giving any signal
            d) as per b), but less than 150 feet in front of the other car?

Bonus points if you chose c) and d), only to step on your brakes after arriving in the fast lane to 'discipline that speed freak that drove up way too close' to you.

---

You are driving a small vehicle, along a road within city limits, with parallel parking on the right side. You spot an empty space in the parking line. However, another vehicle has pulled over to it, and is now giving signal, indicating that the driver is going to move backwards, into said parking space.

Do you...

a) pass the vehicle and find another place to park
            b) sound your horn, using your car's maneuverability to pull forward into that parking space, giving the other driver a one-finger salute.

---

You are driving along a road (at about 30 mph) when, approximately 50 yards ahead, you see another car whose driver apparently managed to kill his engine while doing a turn through your lane.

Do you...

a) slow down and stop, allowing the other driver to re-start his engine and move out of your way
            b) attempt to drive around the blocking car, sounding your horn
            c) sound your horn anyway, going straight ahead, slamming into said car without slowing down.

If you chose c), don't forget to testify that 'of course you didn't bother to try and avoid the collision; it's not your fault if the other driver didn't move after you clearly and audibly sounded your horn'.
            Last edited by Midnight_Angel; 01-29-2009, 12:14 PM.
            I still miss my ex.
            But my aim is getting better.

Comment

Three lanes... Left-turn only lane, middle lane and far right lane. Man in far right lane suddenly decides he needs to turn left, and nearly plows into the drivers in the middle and the left-turn lanes... Luckily no one was hurt... I wonder if there is a special planet these people come from, where the driving test is the Opposites Test?

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
                Erm....91/93 never intersect... Do you mean 95/93?
                Actually, they do, but it's way up almost to Canada. (I checked Google Maps 'cause I was confused too.) It's probably supposed to be 95, though.

We take 91 up to 90 to get to Boston.
                "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Right. But because the poster mentioned MA and CT, my brain ran in circles for a minute and I forgot that you have three interstates that intersect further north.

You'd think, I grew up around there, and I still get geographical brain farts when it comes to the Canadian border.

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
                    Right. But because the poster mentioned MA and CT, my brain ran in circles for a minute and I forgot that you have three interstates that intersect further north.

You'd think, I grew up around there, and I still get geographical brain farts when it comes to the Canadian border.
                    i was driving north on 91 in MA and it split, they didnt intersect, im almost positive it was 93

luckily 95 is by the shore i dont need anything there

Comment

Quoth sarasquirrel View Post
                      i was driving north on 91 in MA and it split, they didnt intersect, im almost positive it was 93

luckily 95 is by the shore i dont need anything there
                      ok so i was wayy off, it was 391 oops!

Comment

That's funny. It came off as being very similar to the 95N/93N split south of Boston.

Usually, if I'm driving up 91, I'm headed to either Canada, VT, or NH, and I don't split off - though, thinking about it, I should still know the split, since I'd be on 91 all the way through...

*wanders off to check maps and to try and remember the route*

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
                          That's funny. It came off as being very similar to the 95N/93N split south of Boston.
                          It sounds a lot like the 91N/95N interchange down here, too. Two lanes to the right to continue north on 95, two lanes to the left to connect to the beginning of 91, and one lane to the far left to turn off onto Rte. 34.
                          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
                          X