This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sita Sings the Blues

Animation fans may enjoy this (I haven't seen it yet, but it sounds interesting).

Here is the short synopsis from the movie's web site:

Sita is a goddess separated from her beloved Lord and husband Rama. Nina is an animator whose husband moves to India, then dumps her by email. Three hilarious shadow puppets narrate both ancient tragedy and modern comedy in this beautifully animated interpretation of the Indian epic Ramayana. Set to the 1920's jazz vocals of Annette Hanshaw, Sita Sings the Blues earns its tagline as "the Greatest Break-Up Story Ever Told."
    Since the music she used is still under copyright even though the original artists are dead, she has released it under creative commons license. She is asking for donations in order to help her pay for the licensing fee (50k) for the music, but nothing more.

Eric the Grey
    In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Just beautiful. I've never heard this story before; what a way to experience it for the first time!

Comment

I really enjoyed it. The animation was simple, but effective and the music was wonderful. A prime example that you can do animation that is not as detailed as Anime and still tell a good story, and have it be enjoyable.

Now if only Nickelodeon would learn this....

Eric the Grey
      In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Working...
      X