Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they may actually have devices in there that allow them to turn all other lights to red so that they can go thru, at certain intersections.
    look for some kind of strobe light atop the trolly/streetcar/bus

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
      I believe they just automatically get right-of-way here (there are a couple fo intersections which explicitly say this), and, even if they don't, woe be to the fool, who tries to cut them off >_>
      Yup. I've seen it posted as well, but even if it's not, that's just common sense, yannow? You'd think that after the handful of publicized messy accidents over the years people would learn -_- Although, watching a penismobile trying to argue with a streetcar is amusing (I'd love to see a staredown between a penismobile and a Red Line train--aren't the other lines apart from the Green largely centrally controlled? I know the doors don't care what they close on).
      I think they may actually have devices in there that allow them to turn all other lights to red so that they can go thru, at certain intersections.
      Huh. I've seen the separate signal lights here, but the transponders might be an urban legend (I've heard that emergency vehicles have them, not that it helps in the major intersection here--the longest it's taken a hot-running ambulance to get through a two-block stretch was just under three minutes). There are strobes and what looks like some sort of receiver on traffic light arms, the strobe usually triggers before you can actually see the fire truck/ambulance.
      Last edited by Dreamstalker; 05-01-2009, 12:46 AM.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
      X