This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
    I'm actually in a group that is trying to make "distracted driving" a felony.
    There were some commercials a while ago (I no longer have tv, they may still be on) which I found very powerful. For example, it would show someone paralyzed and then say that the car accident which caused her injuries happened because she was reading a text. And the text was something really trivial.

Found a print version, it's the last one on this site. http://www.oddee.com/item_98482.aspx Basically, someone died because they were reading a text which said "yeah."
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

That UK video with the bunch of texting teen girls causing a wreck where most of them, plus a little kid's parents get graphically killed...along with, most likely, a baby, should be required viewing in driver's ed classes.

And I've long thought that cars should be Faraday Cages and/or have localized cell jammers. Perhaps a femtocell that disconnects from the network when in motion.
      Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Oh, if you want to talk PSAs, Victoria's TAC has some doozies... they did a compilation back in 2009.

Comment

Quoth DiRF View Post
          Oh, if you want to talk PSAs, Victoria's TAC has some doozies... they did a compilation back in 2009.
          TAC ads are brutal

Comment

Idiots texting are bad enough....my sister saw a guy drive down our street back in the summer time who was taking off his shirt as he drove by.

Yep, pulling a shirt off over his head while driving. And there are little kids on this street. Just really lucky that none of them happened to run into the street at that moment.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
              And I've long thought that cars should be Faraday Cages and/or have localized cell jammers. Perhaps a femtocell that disconnects from the network when in motion.
              But how would PASSENGERS use their cell phones if this were done?
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                But how would PASSENGERS use their cell phones if this were done?
                Stick their head out the window like a dog?

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

I had a good one last week.

Here in the frozen tundra there (was) snow on the ground. The sidewalks were cleared off. Where do you think the lady was walking?

If you said on the sidewalk, you owe me $50.

Oh, and this being a busy street made it even more fun.
                  "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

It's been a few months ago, but I was driving along the highway and was passed by a lady doing 10-15 over the speed limit. I glanced over an noticed that she had a book on her steering wheel.

... a BOOK! I was dumbfounded to watch her lick her finger and turn the page...

Comment

Quoth minchazo View Post
                      It's been a few months ago, but I was driving along the highway and was passed by a lady doing 10-15 over the speed limit. I glanced over an noticed that she had a book on her steering wheel.

... a BOOK! I was dumbfounded to watch her lick her finger and turn the page...
                      It gets worse: http://www.google.com/patents/US7017878
                      Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

I think I posted here, a few years ago, about the dingbat in the pickup truck who was talking on a cell phone and simultaneously reading a newspaper, while driving on I-80.

At 25 MPH.

Comment

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
                          I had a good one last week.

Here in the frozen tundra there (was) snow on the ground. The sidewalks were cleared off. Where do you think the lady was walking?

If you said on the sidewalk, you owe me $50.

Oh, and this being a busy street made it even more fun.
                          That's sadly common around here. Especially with the flocks of runners we can get.

They would do a loop through a subdivision next to my workplace. The same subdivision the buses used to loop through too.

Even when the sidewalks are clear (as clear as they get in winter, sometimes clearer if we have a warming spell), they'll still be running along the street instead, usually catching drivers by surprise at corners and such. And this is a dozen runners, usually running 2-3 abreast. *sigh*

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
                            And this is a dozen runners, usually running 2-3 abreast. *sigh*
                            I may have mentioned this, but in my hometown moms with strollers would walk/jog side by side until one or two of them ended up in the street. And as another thread points out STREETS IS FOR CARS!

Also had issues where there was no sidewalk just a tiny shoulder... Walkers would flat out refuse to walk single file on the shoulder, despite the street being a series of hairpin curves. I literally had to come to a complete stop once because they would not move and I was too scared to drive in the other lane for fear a car would be coming. They VERY begrudgingly walked around my car. I hate that town now. 15 years ago it was cool.
                            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Moms with strollers?

To borrow something I saw on some Engrish site a long time ago: tootle them with vigor.
                              Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

"You mothers...!"

Comment

Working...
                                X