This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the heck ...

I am trying to clear various applications off my computer but have run into a roadblock. It's asking for the admin's name and password. I thought the name and p/w were the same ones I use to log back on when I restart the computer after shutting it down ... but it doesn't seem to be...

And unless the cats are getting up to mischief while I'm gone, nobody else uses this machine.

The computer appears to be rejecting the password; it's the one that blinks. Yet it always works when I restart the computer.

All suggestions gratefully received.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

If it's never been changed, just hit Enter when it asks and it might work. if not, Admin/Admin, Administrator/Administrator, either of those with no password, etc.

This is usually set up when Windows is first installed.

If nothing else works, see if it will let you turn off UAC (User Access Control)
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

EricKei: Sorry, I should have clarified: I have a Mac, so no Windows.
      Last edited by Pixelated; 09-10-2019, 12:57 PM.
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Hubby says to double check that you have administrator rights on your account and under system preference-account/groups can you check all the accounts on the computer and what rights they have.

Comment

Ahh. Can't help you there, I'm afraid.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Edwina View Post
            Hubby says to double check that you have administrator rights on your account and under system preference-account/groups can you check all the accounts on the computer and what rights they have.
            Thanks, Edwina. Sorry, I should also have clarified that it's my personal computer at home ... so unless my cats have gotten geeky ... I'm the only one on it.

I did check, though.

Quoth EricKei View Post
            Ahh. Can't help you there, I'm afraid.
            I'm just gonna clean up a few things on it that I can clean up and then take it back to rhymes-with-maples and let them figure out WTH is going on.
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
            X