• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "But it has opened before!"

This wasn't sucky so much as "brain bleach worthy."

SLD: Me, duh.

IW: Insistant woman.

IW: One of the drives in my computer will not open anymore.

SLD: I'm sorry you're having this issue, what drive is it?

IW: It's the one that says "expansion bay."

*Now for those that don't know, computers that only have one drive will fill the 2nd bay with a blank panel and call it an "expansion bay."*

SLD: I'm sorry ma'am, but that isn't supposed to open. Your computer only came with 1 drive, the "expansion bay" is just a with a place holder with a blank panel in front so you can add a 2nd drive later on. Perhaps you added a 2nd drive after you purchased the computer?

IW: No, I did not add anything! This "expansion bay" has open before!

SLD: Ok ma'am, when you open the front bezel door, do you see any sign of a drive or do you see just an empty, blank panel?

IW: Just a blank panel.

SLD: That's what I was telling you earlier, again, that is just a place holder with a blank panel in front, it does not open whatsoever, it is merely there so you can add a drive later on.

IW: But I know this "expansion bay" opens because my son said he opened the bezel and stuck a CD in it!

SLD: (Gets an inkling of what happened). I believe that your son may have opened the bezel and stuck a CD in the small opening between the panel and the case. But I can you for sure that the expansion bay does NOT open, if you're telling me you only have the one drive.

IW: OK, so what can you do to solve my issue?

SLD: If your son stuck a CD in the small opening, you will need to bring it to the store.

IW: Why can't you send a tech out under my service plan?

SLD: We cannot send techs to retrieve foreign objects that have gotten inside the case. Only the store can do that.

IW: Well OK then. Have a good day.

Believe it or not, this isn't the first time I got people that wanted to argue with me that said the "expansion bay" opened when they didn't put in a 2nd drive.
    Last edited by sld72382; 07-08-2007, 07:41 PM.

Hey, MY expansion bay opens, too!

But, you know, that's because I take the side of the case off, reach in, and pop the releases for the panel. Probably doesn't count.
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

On a bit of a side note, the "I'm sorry you're having this issue" annoys the bejezzus outta me.

I know I'm sorry that I'm having this issue, and I know you don't give a flying fark about it one way or the other, except, if I wasn't having the issue, you wouldn't get the call, and could play solitare or something.

That's just my tiny little rant.
      SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
      SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

I have to agree with you about that "I'm sorry" crap, only reason why I say it is because they will lower your audit score if you don't show empathy.

Comment

You mean "I am amused by your predicament," doesn't have the same ring?

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth technical.angel View Post
            On a bit of a side note, the "I'm sorry you're having this issue" annoys the bejezzus outta me.

I know I'm sorry that I'm having this issue, and I know you don't give a flying fark about it one way or the other, except, if I wasn't having the issue, you wouldn't get the call, and could play solitare or something.

That's just my tiny little rant.
            Hey, I do give a flying fark. I'm not sorry though. If you didn't, I would be playing solitaire or something at home, unemployed.

Comment

Quoth technical.angel View Post

I know I'm sorry that I'm having this issue, and I know you don't give a flying fark about it one way or the other...
              Agreed. Having worked in the inbound sales/service industry before, though, I just let it slide past me. It's extremely easy for me now to listen to someone on the phone and recognize the difference between scripted speech and their own natural speech. And it doesn't matter how animated the person may or may not be--I can still hear the text being read from a screen. They have a job to do, and, annoyed or not, I can just ignore all but the relevant information.

I won't complain to anyone at these companies about the "I'm sorry you're having this issue" line. If enough people complain, the script-writers may remove that sentence, and then who knows how many people will whine that the tech doesn't even pretend to care about them and their problems?
              I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
              - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
              - IPF

Comment

Working...
              X