Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...and you wouldn't do that before why?

This is one of my favorites from the past few days...

rnc: Red Neck Customer
    me: duh.

me: *normal opening spill, full of kindness and hope for a decent customer*

rnc: You gotta take my block off.

me: Your block? What kind of block would that be?

rnc: The block on my stuff.

me: *wondering how vague someone can be* Well, let me look up your account and we'll take a look.

*pull up account*

me: Now, what is the actual problem you are having because of this "block"?

rnc: My buddy is in jail and he can't call me.

**side note: our voip phone service does not receive collect calls, never has and probably never will. I've had customers try everything imaginable to get around this, all with no success**

me: *explains this to customer*

rnc: Well, shoot. I guess that means I have to get some money together and bail him out, then.

My question is why he wasn't going to bail him out in the first place? It's like "Well, I can talk to them on the phone, so they can just sit in jail until someone else does something." I just don't understand...

You should know by now that you should never ask why customer is stupid, just accept that they are and move on.
    "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

Shra, that's just too funny.

This reminds me of a work order I got today. It stated

"We are doing refunds and use an access program and since the Microsoft update, we are not able to do this. This is something we need ASAP as our refund run depends on it. (Co-worker) and I both need access to this.

Please call….urgent.

Thanks for your help."

Um... so what are you trying to do???

Being the business office, I go jogging over.

When we moved them up to Office 2007, they had to enable macros. There was a nice little info bar, just like you see in IE. Did they click the big ole options button? No.

So, I get her past that. Then, she's asked if she wants to run the macros. I tell her to click yes. "Well, I don't know what that means, so I'll say no." Headdesk. "Open it up again, and click yes." She does. GASP! IT WORKS!
      SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
      SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Quoth Shrakakoom View Post
        You gotta take my block off.
        I accidently skipped to that line. Which is did nothing but confuse me into thinking he was hitting on you in code. And doesn't he know bailing people out of jail is usually more trouble then it's worth? (usually anyway)
        "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Working...
        X