Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I swipe this lady's debit card today. I hand her card back to her and back away, so I can't even see the PIN pad because I want people to be comfortable while they punch in their PIN numbers.

Even though I backed away, she picks up the PIN pad, holding it close to her chest, and looks over her right shoulder, then she looks over her left shoulder and only when she's 100% sure there's noone around, does she punch in her PIN number.

Her daughter is with her. She's maybe 5 years old. She throws both arms in the air, and with a little twirl, and sings, "8...4...3...2..."

Her mother's PIN number.

Mom was looking down at the PIN pad, and with an audible gasp, her head snapped up. Mom was really mad. The daughter starts to laugh. And it was that laugh that says, "I'm a little stinker."

I started laughing. I turned my head because mom is mad and I don't want her to see me laughing. But now I'm laughing so hard, I'm crying. I couldn't help it anymore. I had to breathe.

I turned to look at mom, and through teary eyes I see that now, after the initial shock, that she is starting to chuckle. Good. I didn't have to hold it in anymore. I was finally able to burst out laughing. And boy, did I.

She said she hadn't planned and going to her bank anytime soon, but she was going to make it her next stop.
    "As the evening sky faded from a salmon colour to a sort of flint gray, I thought back to the salmon I caught that morning, and how gray he was, and how I named him Flint." -- Jack Handy

We have a little SC on our hands
    Although then again, I know my mum's PIN number off by heart!
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Holy crap, 40Below, you went back in time and met EQ as a child!

She did the exact same thing to our mom.

Only, Mom had forgotten what her PIN was and EQ just said it right out loud. Mom yelled at her for that one.

I thought it was hilarious.
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

That reminds me of an old Family Circus cartoon I saw ages ago. The dad is playing cards with his buddies, and the little boy is behind him looking at his cards, and asks him "What does K-K-A-A-A spell, Daddy?"
        Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
        X