Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have one from way back in the day, when Polenicus was just a little sproutling going to College.

I had one latenite class at a campus in a nearby city, since the campus of my hometown was kind of small. I hated the commute (And, to be honest, the class, but that was because it was business, not any fault of the teachers). I was pretty unfamiliar with the city... I knew how to get from home to the campus and back, and that was about it.

Well, it was late, and overcast so no moon or stars. This street also managed to be the most poorly lit street I've ever seen outside of a country back road. And there was a lot of traffic, of which all I could really make out was headlights.

No problem, I'll just wait for a good sized gap, pull out and be on my way. I was being very cautious, as I was fully away of the conditions, and the fact I was driving a little Honda Civic.

Finally I saw a sufficiently large gap, and pulled out onto the road.

INSTANT honk and screech of tires! What? Wait, it was clear! There was a gap! What happened?!

I winced, but no impact. However, a beat up yellow pickup flew into the oncoming traffic lane to pass me (It was a two-lane road), cut me off and came to a dead stop. The driver jumped out and started screaming obscenities at me. I subtly locked my doors and hoped her didn't punch through the windows. I didn't know how I had cut him off... I thought I had been careful!

"WHAT THE F$CK IS WRONG WITH YOU!? ARE YOU F$CKING STUPID!?"

Then a driver behind me (Traffic had come to a dead stop so this jerk could rage at the poor terrified college student) leaned out his window and became my hero.

"MAYBE IF YOU TURNED YOUR LIGHTS ON HE COULD HAVE SEEN YOU, A$$HOLE!!"

Jerky driver paused in his tirade, and turned to look at the taillights of his truck. Which were off, because he had never turned his lights on. Hence, in the glare of oncoming traffic and their headlights, he had been all but invisible to me.

"F$CK YOU!!" He screamed one last time, jumped back into his truck, and roared off. His headlights still off, I might add. Maybe he was trying to prove a point that he didn't need them? I don't know.

People do stupid things in cars.
    Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
      I suspect with that display of "personality" the only kind of girlfriend that guy could seemingly have would be inflatable.
      I guess that guy needs to move to my town. The local ladies are unshakeably drawn from miles around to this type of guy - the more he beats them or the more often he gets thrown in jail, or the more drugs he's on the better it seems like to these gals.
      Think. It's not illegal yet.

Comment

BUMP!

I have to revive this thread.

IT HAPPENED AGAIN!

I ask you, what the fuck is wrong with people?!

Now this time, I wasn't alone, and it wasn't the same guy. I'm pretty sure that guy is either in jail or on life support nowadays....

An acquaintance and I weren't having too great of a time at the bar this last Saturday night. She's not much of a drinker....I'd been planning on going all out, but too much cocktardery and asshattery during the UFC fights that they put on the tvs got us in a bad mood and we were both starving. Since she was sober enough to drive, we went to McDonalds. At 1 am.

As almost always, there was a wait on my chicken. Blech. But oh well, ok. We pull ahead and leave plenty of room.

This piece of crap yet suped up Bonneville (not the Mommy kind of Bonneville...the manly kind) apparently missing a muffler is behind us. But instead of the guy going totally ballistic on himself and his steering column, he just sits there revving the engine every 30 seconds or so.

There's a good chance he was drunk and just being obnoxious or wanting attention because of his "cool" car. But because this has happened before, I'll still go with option A...he's doing it because he thinks we're just screwing around checking our food and wasting time and space.

He keeps revving and revving his engine. After about 5 minutes of this nonesense, our food finally comes, and we leave....he wasn't far behind..got his food at the same time we did (McDonalds employee came outside to bring it to us)..still revving his engine behind us at the stop sign and then ripping and tearing around us to get ahead of us at the first red light.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

We have people like that here too in our DT. It happens alot when I'm working cash. Guys feel the need to revv the engines.

Sorry. It's not sexy. It doesn't make me want to talk to you. It doesn't attract me. It does not prove your manhood. What it tells me is that you are so insecure about yourself, you have to rely on a piece of machinery to make you feel good. I am not interested in what car guys have. It doesn't matter.
          "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post

This piece of crap yet suped up Bonneville (not the Mommy kind of Bonneville...the manly kind)
            A Pontiac Bonneville being a manly car? Surely you jest! Unless it was a 60s or 70s model restored. I always thought of that kind of car as your standard, basic family sedan.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

When I referred to it as the mommy version, I was referring to the older, family sedans. In recent years, it seems the Bonneville has undergone a manly makeover. I see a lot of duel exhaust turbo charged (is that what it's called?) Bonevilles out there. They even look a little different than Bonevilles just a few years older.

Comment

One I missed when moving threads to Roadkill - sorted!

Rapscallion

Comment

Spank you very much!

Comment

Working...
                  X