X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doughbag award winner

http://hamptonroads.com.nyud.net/200...c-bill-pennies

man was upset at 350.00 electric bill. So he get 350 in pennies. He says that he was making a point,what thats hes a doughbag.

Never heard the insult doughbag before. I like it *files it away with bastage and farging icehole*

I've seen similar incidents before. Seems to happen once a year or so, always to utility companies, too. I'm sure if the company ever wanted to do something about it, there'd be something they could levy against the guy. Disturbing the peace, nusance, something, but it's probably not worth the PR hit. This way, they get their cash, and at least this guy went to a coin machine later, satisfied he made his point. Most of them won't do that.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

When I had a summer job at a car dealership, some genius decided to pay a bill of several hundred bucks with a paper grocery bag full of loose ones.

The clerk made him wait while she counted it.

The clerk was better at being a bitch than he was at being an asshole. I don't think that little scenario played out exactly like he thought it would.

Comment

Looks like this guy didn't do his math before paying...

Comment

He was upset that his bill was $350.

In Virginia and it was his january bill meaning it was for December - didn't we (the east coast0 just have one of the harshest and colest winters in a while? Even here in south Florida it was much cooler than normal.

Turn the heat down or get a fireplace (or gas heat). Either that or don't complain. It's not the cashier's fault that you used too much electricity, why make her suffer especially at the end of the day on a Friday?
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I don't get it. Last time I checked, pennies were still considered legal currency...

Olive juice you too.

Comment

Quoth BrassCowboy View Post
              I don't get it. Last time I checked, pennies were still considered legal currency...
              Have you ever tried counting any value over $5 in pennies? Some states point out that you can only legally take a certain amount in pennies. It's the fact that it takes forever to count 1c pieces, think about how long it would take to count 350 of them.

In Australia, we have a similar ruling: in 5c, 10c, 20c denominations, maximum amount is $5, 50c, $1, $2 coins, maximum amount is something like $20.

Although, am I the only one who is thinking of that Simpsons episode where Homer has the big fat water bottle full of pennies?
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Sorry everyone it should say Douchebag.

Comment

I rather like 'doughbag', actually. It gets in fewer wowsers.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth BrassCowboy View Post
                    that does not mean that a company HAS to accept it. just like places not accepting $50 or $100 bills. those ARE legal tender but that does not mean you have to take them. there is no law or rule stating all places accepting cash tender have to accept all forms of legal currency big or small

try having some one pay for a $45 pizza delivery order all in loose change after robbing juniors piggy bank, searching the under the couch cushions, etc.
                    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                      When I had a summer job at a car dealership, some genius decided to pay a bill of several hundred bucks with a paper grocery bag full of loose ones.

The clerk made him wait while she counted it.

I remember you mentioning that back when mr. slugger ran the place. Didn't she slowly count it too?
                      Military Spouse Support.
                      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Yep. She took her sweet time, drinking her coffee, refusing any help. If he bothered her in any way, she's lose count. It took her all morning.

Everyone was afraid of this lady, she was a pistol.

Comment

Working...
                        X