X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Which I'm a Douche

Yeah...I kinda feel bad for this one

This past weekend as I drove with my brother, we were stopped at a light. The intersection was the exit to our local mall, and people leaving said mall had the green, so we were waiting and just chatting it up.

Lo and behold, one of those new matchbox-type mini cars (the Japanese kind that only have two seats) drove past. As a joke, I pointed and laughed. Sadly, that was exactly as the passenger turned her head to look in our direction. She looked away quickly in what I can only guess is embarrassment.

So, sorry lady...but on the bright side, at least you probably don't own that car.

I don't feel bad when I laugh at ugly vehicles.

People have been laughing at what I've been driving since I was old enough to drive. Kids in school picked on me for driving a Tempo that was as old as I was, then they laughed at how squeaky the other Tempo was, and nowadays, everyone laughs at how loudly my Neon idles like a rice burner.

Laugh it up. It runs, it's a piece, I don't care. At least I'm gorgeous.

I mostly laugh at small men in big trucks, large men in tiny cars, and women in really big SUVS, usually when they can't maneuver them to park or get them to slow down in time.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
      I don't feel bad when I laugh at ugly vehicles.

People have been laughing at what I've been driving since I was old enough to drive. Kids in school picked on me for driving a Tempo that was as old as I was, then they laughed at how squeaky the other Tempo was, and nowadays, everyone laughs at how loudly my Neon idles like a rice burner.

Laugh it up. It runs, it's a piece, I don't care. At least I'm gorgeous.

I mostly laugh at small men in big trucks, large men in tiny cars, and women in really big SUVS, usually when they can't maneuver them to park or get them to slow down in time.
      See? I'm reasonable. A nice four-door WRX is all I want.

And I laughed at the size, not it's clunkiness. My family has owned POS's at different times, so I can understand that.

Comment

A Smart car perhaps?

The only way I'd drive one of those is if it were for city driving anyway. There's no way in hell I'd want to take one on the freeway.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          A Smart car perhaps?

The only way I'd drive one of those is if it were for city driving anyway. There's no way in hell I'd want to take one on the freeway.
          Yes, it's one of those.

You'd have to kill me and stuff my corpse in one of those in order to get me to ride in it.

Comment

See all I want is a Honda CRV. A small nice SUV that gets goods gas miliage
            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I wouldn't mind if it were free...I myself like cars that look like CARS, not tricked-out golf-carts...

Comment

I sat in one of those Smart cars...about a year before they went on sale in the US. A few were on the Mercedes stand at the car show. Even at 5'9" or so, I thought it was a tad cramped. You don't "sit" inside the car. Rather, you *wear* it. Also, the mileage isn't as great as it was claimed. 33/40 isn't jack--I've been getting around 40-45 in my Corolla, and it's a bigger, more powerful car, and isn't that much more over the cost of a Smart. But, you don't see many Smart cars here...they can't handle the hills!
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I personally prefer my "dumb" car.

I don't think a car needs to be the size of a loveseat to be fuel efficient.

I prefer the smaller sedans with smaller engines and four cylinders......just big enough for me and what I need to tote around, and still get good mileage without looking like my car is devouring me!
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

OM NOM NOM says the car...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3135/...d66d9c.jpg?v=0

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                      A Smart car perhaps?

I have seen them on the interstates around here. Kinda scary to watch.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                        I sat in one of those Smart cars...about a year before they went on sale in the US. A few were on the Mercedes stand at the car show. Even at 5'9" or so, I thought it was a tad cramped. You don't "sit" inside the car. Rather, you *wear* it. Also, the mileage isn't as great as it was claimed. 33/40 isn't jack--I've been getting around 40-45 in my Corolla, and it's a bigger, more powerful car, and isn't that much more over the cost of a Smart. But, you don't see many Smart cars here...they can't handle the hills!

33/40 mpg is all you get from a Smart Car? With as little as those things are they should be getting a lot more. A Geo Metro would get better mileage than that, I think.

I'm really starting to think of the Smart Car as a "statement" vehicle--one you drive just because you want everybody else to understand you "care" about the Earth.

Comment

I saw one that supposedly got 50 mpg...

mopeds get about 100 mpg....so if people REALLY cared about the earth they'd rig a horsecart with a couple of those motors....

or better yet: a HORSE! I love horses...they're a more reliable form of transport than a car (won't 'break down'), they can go over more questionable terrain (they can even swim if the need arises), they're intelligent enough to AVOID obstacles, they provide a form of companionship, and if they're well trained they're hella hard to steal...horses can bite and buck and run like hell.....
                          Last edited by WhiteRose; 06-12-2009, 05:03 AM. Reason: horses. nuff said.

Comment

Yeah, except horses require taking care of. Trust me, I'd love a horse. But I have enough of a zoo with the girls and the dog. And when I go back to Colorado I don't think it will fit in my condo.

Comment

Quoth slavetotheman View Post
                              I have seen them on the interstates around here. Kinda scary to watch.
                              I blew past one on the interstate going 70. Just 5 mph over the speed limit.

And the damn thing was in the left lane.

Comment

Working...
                              X