Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A classic case of what we call "Super F**ked-up S**t".

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was on my way to my grampa's house one day for a weeklong visit. I came around the corner and had to slam on my brakes to avoid a friggin SOFA in the middle of the interstate! Tie your sh*t down better people.
    My Wajas cave

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
      Ignorance is bliss?
      Pretty much.
      Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Interesting site. I loved this one

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should!

I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

I will quit bitching about mufflers and other random stuff that I come across in the middle of the road. It seems there is much worse.

I will bitch, though, continually, about the idiots in pickup trucks who toss ALL of their refuse in the back and then proceed to go screaming down the freeway and I'm behind them and wooooo there goes some empty water bottles....wee there goes a McDonalds bag......oooh look at that, flying papers........wow, a whole cartons' worth of empty cigg packs......hey, was that a beer can?!
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I think I just beat my previous post just this evening.

I was on the highway, getting off at my usual exit to go to the pike and I see a car with its emergency flashes off towards the right a bit. Well, not a bit at. More like right smack dab in the middle of the off ramp.

There was just enough room to squeeze by it so I could still get off (I couldn't go to the next exit and turn around; I hadn't realized it was in the midst of the ramp until I was already in the exit lane, and to swoop back onto 290 would've been lethal), but I still pulled off to the side when I got off the highway and phoned the police. And no one was in the car when I drove by, thankfully, because I can't help imagining what would've happened if someone didn't realize the thing was there until it was too late.

Comment

Reminds me of one of my Uncle's neighbours in BC. Poor guy was a Highway maintenance patrol officer, and some years back, some idiot left the gate open for his horse corral, next to a heavily-wooded strip of the highway that my uncle's friend had to patrol daily.

Five days of patrol = 25 dead horses from lumber trucks and around 2 hours per horse to drag it into the forest and bury it so the scavengers like Bears don't also get hit by fast-moving trucks carrying several dozen tons of wood.

Kinda sad (those poor horses) but at the same time, when you Know there's daily transit of heavy lumber trucks less than a kilometre away, I think you'd want to Double-check the gates to your various animal paddocks so they're not turned into a greasy stain on the road.

Comment

Quoth pitmonkey View Post
                Here in Washington you get a hefty fine for an unsecured load. There have been too many deaths and serious injuries from things flying out of trucks and in the middle of the road. There is even a # to call for reporting.
                And those nice things make you exempt from our new law on cell phone usage without a headset.

Yeah, I love how people tried to say it was a stupid law since the woman whose case pushed it through might have been intoxicated, people are just lazy around here.

Comment

I listed to a news station during my work day. At least 3 times a week they report a ladder on the highways.

How does that happen? 3 times a week. A ladder?
                  No... Just No! And I mean it this time!

Comment

Quoth TOLady View Post
                    ...How does that happen? 3 times a week. A ladder?
                    They're taking steps to get rung up.
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                    X