Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I almost wish this whole thread were a joke.

*offers much hugs to Bean* I hope that bitch gets his ass hauled to jail.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

That seriously sucks, dude.

I know for a fact how useless any city's PD is when it comes to calls where someone's life is being threatened. It's like if there isn't a gun being fired halfway through the incident, they can take their sweet time answering the call, and by that time, whoever's doing the beatdown is long gone. It's happened to a lot of my acquaintances from one of my old jobs.

I wish I could tell you some good advice that hasn't already been said (notify the state police, but I think the sheriff's department might be of bigger help), but it sounds to me like it's time to move out of town.
      My other car is a Mackinaw.

Comment

So this fuckhead assumes your the one who cut him off and based on his hazy inbread redneck brain he can go messing with your shit!?!?!?!

I was in Dallas (actually the airport) for a layover on Wednesday, if I knew I would have asked you pick me up I punk this guy and then catch my flight home. . . by the time PD showed up I'd be 35'000 feet in the air flying over New Mexico
        "This job would be great if it wasn't for the f***** customers." - Randell 'Clerks'

Comment

Well thanks for the laughs anyway.

Towing company is picking the car up around 9 or 10. However, Enterprise just called me and informed me that my rental coverage is only $25/day and I'd only have 1 week (adjuster told me I'd have a full month). Normally, $25/day will get you the cheapest shitbox Enterprise offers with change to spare, but they said they have a set rate negotiated with my insurance company and I have to make up the difference, would I like to charge it?

I tell her I don't have a CC, she says a debit card will work, I told her she's welcome to try that but it won't go through since I just bought groceries. Even asked if they had a AAA discount, they said they did, but it couldn't be used with insurance rentals. Not only am I long, long time AAA member, I even have AAA Texas handling my home and auto insurance.

So until I can cough up about $100, I can't get the rental. For one WEEK instead of the 30 days promised by the adjuster.

Best part is, when I called back to inquire about AAA rates, they answered "Thank you for calling Enterprise, home of the $9.99 weekend rates and $30 per week rates, how may I help you?. Really, you're advertising $30/week for a subcompact when you won't let me have one for $25/day?

so I've been paying for rental coverage for nothing... rental coverage that I'd asked my agent to set at $35/day, and I'd asked her to do $250 for a comp deductible (she emailed me confirmation on both, but never did either and apparently quit/got fired shortly after). Nobody at AAA can even tell me who my goddamn agent is now.

Probably switching insurance companies after all of this shit.

edit: went to enterprise.com and compared rates, with no discounts of any kind. An Aveo is $25 and change a day, they told me it was $33/day over the phone and they wont' even let me pick it up without a valid CREDIT card (or a debit card with a ton of money in it). If it spans a weekend, Fri/Sat/Sun combined is only $9.99 + tax. My insurance covers $25/day. Just left my adjuster a message about it. Yes, that's right, their FULL RETAIL is less than what they're asking of me, and if I enter my AAA membership number it drops way, way, way lower.
          Last edited by bean; 08-02-2010, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Do you still have the e-mails confirming your deductible and rental coverage? Those might count as written evidence of a contract. They should be able to find the corresponding e-mails in their own archives.

Also, they need to at least stick by what your adjuster told you.

Comment

The one thing I hated about living in Plano was how many cops they had.

Now I really miss living in Plano for that very reason.

Anyway, I just spoke with my adjuster again. Explained my issue with the rental. He said that's pretty standard for car rentals anyway, but I told him I literally have 99 cents in my checking account and no credit cards, just blew the last of my money on groceries. My final line was "Dude, I work in a grocery store and don't make much, you know?".

So he said once he gets an estimate back from the body shop for man hours required to repair the car (even though it's most likely a total), he'll wire me the money to rent a car based on man hours required for repairs... told me to hire a taxi, buy a bike, apply toward my deductible, pocket it, do whatever I want. He said "It's almost free money.. it does count against the claim, but it's a comprehensive claim anyway". In Texas, comprehensive claims, within reason, cannot raise your rates, unless it becomes excessive (and when that happens you're more likely to get dropped instead). He asked me if I wanted to cancel the rental car and do this, I said yes.

I told him how close I live to work, he told me pocket the money and apply it to my deductible and walk for a few days. I did express concern about the rarity of my car - Honda Accords are common as hell, especially the LX model - but incredibly hard to find with a manual transmission unless you get the bottom of the line DX model. The LX has plenty of power options, 6 speaker stereo, etc. I spent all last night/most of today on Craigslist looking for the same car and couldn't find one, and only found a couple on ebay (it took me several months to find this car, actually). He assured me he'd do some searching so he could give me a fair value. Also told him about the recent work into it (new timing belt/water pump, new tires, new wheel bearing, etc).

I'm really blown away by this level of service. Especially from a smaller company.

Comment

I'm a little confused, but how was this douchebag able to continue vandalizing your car long after the initial incident? I understand everyone has to sleep eventually, and not everyone can play neighborly police (except where I live, because we have our own special Sheriff, guess I should consider myself lucky)....but seriously, that just really sucks he was able to come back multiple times and continue to vandalize your car.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Well he lied to the police on the scene, the police believed him (against all common sense), so he was free to watch Bean move the car into the parking area. Then he just came back late at night when he knew nobody would be awake enough to do anything about it.

Whch, BTW, shows premeditation for the worst part of the attack. It's *not* your usual road-rage, and the hate-speech scrawled all over it just makes it worse. With the local Good Cop on Bean's side...

Comment

The cop who let the guy off free should be fired. Seriously.

Gee, a guy is going crazy beating the crap out of someone's car and blargling accusations of the past, and they believe him, and not the poor guy who had to call 911 because some psycho was banging his car up?!
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

What in the god damn hell? This is the strangest story I have ever read, and it makes me so fucking angry. I hope this guy gets what's coming to him.

Comment

To make it more fun...

I pay for rental car coverage with my insurance. However, enterprise says my insurance only covers $10/day (uh wait what my policy says 25/day) and they'll only cover 5 days (wait my adjuster said THIRTY DAYS). So, I've had to pay out the ASS to get a rental - $500 deposit!!!!!!

The best part? Now I can't make rent. Also Enterprise wanted a $500 cash/debit deposit, or a CC. I don't have a CC. Not only have I attempted to pay all this shit, it's been over 24 hours and I still have no car, even though insurance already picked up my car. Enterprise was supposed to drop off a rental last night, now they're saying they have no record whatsoever of a rental for me even though they've taken the money from my account.

I have some health issues that make it, shall we say, difficult to walk to work. Since I live/work in different cities, public transit isn't an option. Tomorrow's high is projected to be 106, I have stage 3 kidney failure and heart disease and can't find a fucking ride.

Fuck.this.

Comment

I offer you my comiserations and the highlest exclamation I have of "holy FUCK BALLS!"

Honestly nothing else I can say, other than May a thousand hairy solder ants infest that twats left testicle, and that the rental people suffer a sudden bout of universal rust.

Chin up bean, hope this is a karma build up for something awesome in the future.
                          "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
                          Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Somebody at Enterprise is not doing their job correctly. Demand your deposit back, and see if you can sic your insurance company on them to gve you your entitlement.

Comment

Oh it got far, far better (worse).

Someone kicked in my door last night and got in my apartment, I hauled ass to the bedroom and blocked the door with my body and hit the panic button on my burglar alarm. Siren went off a few minutes, then they found the control box for the alarm (in the hall closet) and cut all the wires to it. Thankfully they left afterwards, but I'm left with a dead alarm system (already ordered what I need to get it working again via overnight from homesecuritystore.com, which is where I got the first alarm anyway)....

"FAG" is also carved into my front door. Coincidence?

The best part? The landlord says I have to pay for a new door, doorframe, repairs, and paint, and I'm supposed to carry a rider on my renters insurance to cover their common property. Keep in mind I renewed my lease when the place was owned by another company, and do carry $100,000 in liability insurance, $30k in property insurance, for my apartment (that's actually the lowest my insurance company will go on renters insurance.. for the low price of $80/year). the landlord swears up and down every renters policy covers common areas and I must "have a shitty insurance company, you should switch to allstate like me" and they'll be billing me for the damage. Damage to common property that I didn't cause.

I called my insurance company to file (yet another) claim - my auto and home policies are both with AAA Texas. They said what I expected, they don't cover "common areas" and no such rider exists with any renters policy from any company. The front door is considered a common area since the property and building lack security gates (if the building was gated it might be a different story), and by law, the property owner HAS to maintain it as it's considered a security device required by law. State law requires the landlord repair the door within 1 hour of being notified (it took about 15 hours) and they have to maintain two working deadbolts. If the door is damaged in such a way that it's unsafe (and mine is, it's actually bent around the locks, and it's a solid wood door with a steel cover), they have to replace it. They're refusing to do anything except repair the locks.

The door repair is very worthy of being posted on thereifixedit.com - they covered up the cracks with 2 tubes worth of caulk, hacked the doorframe back together, and used sheet metal screws to get the steel to attach to the door again. Plus used a hammer and wrenches to bang it into a semi usable shape.

I'd insert the images in the post, but they'd probably break tables and be too wide, so I'm just posting the "door repairs" as links.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2...hole/lock1.jpg
                              http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2...hole/lock2.jpg
                              http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2...hole/lock3.jpg
                              http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2...hole/lock4.jpg

Did I mention this is supposedly a "luxury" apartment complex? My rent includes a full size washer/dryer (3 years old), built in microwave (1 year old), tennis courts, playground, volleyball court, basketball court, 2 pools, and a free carwash in the parking lot? My a/c doesn't even struggle to keep it a very chilly 68-70 inside... it's 69 going by my thermostat right now, and 101 outside. Highest electric bill I've seen while keeping it at 68-70 has been $150 (last apt was usually $600-700/mo in the summer with it at 80)...
                              Last edited by bean; 08-03-2010, 08:42 PM.

Comment

This is bullsht!!!!!

CALL THE NEWS CHANNELS!!!!!

And I'd also recommend writing to your lawmakers if the law does NOTHING about this!!!!

I'd also recommend buying a surveillance camera. If it's on video they can't simply lie their way out of it in court.

Comment

Working...
                                X