X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here you have something...

http://www.lightinthebox.com/wholesa...FYVjfAodxHk9Ag

Comment

right I am going to stay up here where I know the idiot drivers. your brother sound like my in laws. I refuse to ride with them. They love when we offer to drive and we love it since they can't drive. They thought it would be perfectly alright to ride in the back of their truck (with canopy) all the way to Disneyland. They didn't believe us when we told them it was illegal. I don't vacation with these people anymore.

I second the dash cam.
      Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

I have a few suggestions:

1. Maybe call the cops in advance and let them know where your brother will be. They can keep an eye on him at the time, and when they spot him disobeying traffic laws, they can cite him.

2. Have your parents take his license. Will that stop him?

3. How close are you to having your own car? This way you're only taking your own life in YOUR hands.

4. How old is the car? If it doesn't have an Airbag, you can get a Grant Security System. Basically you install it on the steering column, and it allows the steering wheel to be removed. I remember seeing this in a Summit Racing catalog in the 90's and I picked one up for my Chevelle SS. If I went shopping at the mall, I'd take off the wheel, put The Club on the wheel, store the wheel in the trunk, and put the protective cap over the column.

5. I've also heard of security starters. You have to turn the ignition in a specific sequence before the car will start. I don't know if these still exist today.

Comment

Ok call me weird but back in the 70's when I was a kid and riding in the back of a pickup wasn't illegal I did it all the time and LOVED IT!!!!!!!!! I would do it now if I could.
          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
            Ok call me weird but back in the 70's when I was a kid and riding in the back of a pickup wasn't illegal I did it all the time and LOVED IT!!!!!!!!! I would do it now if I could.
            It probably was fine back then. You can still do it now if you have it covered and seatbelts in the back. We were trying to find a reason not to drive with them and this worked for us.
            Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Your brother is...very scary. I would never drive with him again now that he has his license, although your presence might very well save some innocent's life. Tough call...
              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Your salvation.

With any due luck, that should settle him down on the streets; it worked wonders for me, and I can't complain with a couple of season trophies under my belt. :P

Arghetlam@CS ~ $ sudo awesome

Comment

Quoth Arghetlam View Post
                  Your salvation.

With any due luck, that should settle him down on the streets; it worked wonders for me, and I can't complain with a couple of season trophies under my belt. :P
                  Indeed, this has also been suggested by my boyfriend.

In addition, I'll address some of the other suggestions I have read on here.

The dashboard cam seems like a good idea, I just have to get money. I am dirt broke at the moment (my salvation rests on how I do selling artwork at a convention in April).

I've thought about calling the cops, but ever since I got pulled over by them about a year ago (my mother forgot to tell me the license plates on her car were going to expire )I am very wary of the police. And knowing my interesting (typically bad) luck, I would be the one driving and would do something wrong, thus them pulling me over and me losing my license.

Mom and Dad won't pull his license unless he gets pulled over or does something illegal.

I have no where near the amount of money needed to buy a car, or insurance, or even gas. Like I said earlier, broke. Although, if you know anyone who might be selling a vespa scooter (I'm trying to find the model similar to the one Haruka Haru Hara drives in FLCL) I may suddenly get money (we have two kidneys right? Just get rid of one, how much do you think I could get for it on ebay? jk).

Don't worry. For the time being, I'm the one that drives, and he's started shutting about about it because he gets to fiddle with the radio (although he changes it to (c)rap alot)

Comment

Although I'm a very safe driver and my sister is... slightly less so (my sister's had a few minor bumps, which I attribute more to her fearless driving style), my mother refuses to let either of us pick up or give a ride to the other.

She has no problem with both of us in the car with either her or Dad, but just me and Sis in the car? Mom gets extremely worried about that, that we'll get in an accident and we'll both be killed.

But then, Mom's paranoid about a lot of things.

To stop her worrying, though, we do as she asks.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Rena Muffin, I think I will stay up here well away from your brother.
                      "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

Quoth Rena_Muffin View Post
                        Mom and Dad won't pull his license unless he gets pulled over or does something illegal.
                        Last time I checked, reckless driving is something you can be charged with by police...Does that make it illegal enough?
                        We are actors! We are the opposite of people! -Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead

All we can do is hate. And they ALL deserve it.

Comment

Quoth Tsiyeria View Post
                          Last time I checked, reckless driving is something you can be charged with by police...Does that make it illegal enough?
                          Actually, he's been not so reckless lately. Maybe my prayers have been answered (strange because I didn't pray to anyone, last I checked). I've mostly been in a very bad mood lately because of what's going on in Japan and my host family I stayed with when I first went there is only a little south of Sendai, so I've been really worried about them.

However, I do have a suck that for once didn't come from my brother (I'll just post it here).

I don't know what it is about me but every time I drive into Oregon, everyone tail gates me. This guy though takes the cake. He's this jackass in a bright yellow camry (I think. It looked like a camry) and he was close enough to my ass that one wrong move and he would have hit me. I'm in the right lane and this day the traffics not too bad so there's plenty of room for him to pass me. Yet, he stayed on my ass for at least fifteen minutes. I pulled into the left lane, figuring it'd get him off my back, and he follows me and keeps riding my ass. I finally lost him when I took my exit but still, wtf?

Comment

Quoth Rena_Muffin View Post
                            ... and he follows me and keeps riding my ass...
                            Remove the trailer hitch.

So they can't hook on and get a free ride.
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Don't remove the trailer hitch. Add a great big saw to it. If someone gets too close to you without good reason, flip a switch and turn the saw on.
                              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I generally just take my foot off the gas when that happens and slow down until the person passes me in disgust. Passive aggressive? Hell yes, but it works, and it doesn't stress me out
                                GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Working...
                                X