Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't care! It's MY F'ING PARKING SPACE!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't care! It's MY F'ING PARKING SPACE!!

*grabs the meat tenderiser*

So!! We're (housemate, me and friend) coming home in the afternoon and pull into our block of flat's car park, and what do we find? A gigantic POS Chelsea Tractor IN OUR NUMBERED SPOT!! All the visitor bays in the car park are taken, so we cannot park in the place where we live!! We're forced to go out in the much more dangerous roadside parking in the busy street round the other side of the building.

We take the details, then figure that as our car park is unpatrolled we have no-one to call. So we leave them a polite, non-sweary note telling them to move their car because it is not their spot and the people who live here actually need it.

An hour later some twat moves the giant penis extender, and we swoop to get the car and claim what we pay a part of our rent for. Later we go to drive Friend to the airport, and we find a note on the car - rude, admittedly unsweary, but basically saying 'because I have children I can park where I want, including in your numbered but empty bay'.

NO YOU SHIT, YOU CAN'T.

We know what flat they live in, so we're going to be making an official complaint. I don't care that it's only happened once, it's once too many. I fear though that twatface owns instead of rents judging by the fucking Audi sat happily in 16's parking bay, so there's shit all we can do when they do it again because I'm sure they're vindictive like that. But honestly, using your kids to piss off your neighbours, well done for being such marvellous role models you whining, self-entitled, selfish, inconsiderate, wankery arseholes.

I DON'T NEED THIS RIGHT NOW. Yes it's a pathetic thing to get pissed about but WE NEED TO PARK THERE MORE THAN YOU BECAUSE WE LIVE HERE. It is such a violation of our own hose that in two and a half years we've only had once, and the van in our spot ran and moved his apologetically immediately - this display of utter uncaring for your neighbours has upset me so, so much. This was the last straw for an utterly hellish week and It has just annoyed me so much and it's begun to push me to the edge. I'm terrified they'll get through the building door and start hammering on the front door to blah at us some more. I keep bursting into tears after practically no provocation. It does not help that I have the bloody little birdies down below that's making my (physical) life a misery. Once again I'm sorry to use you darlings to rant but you help so much in helping me unbottle. *hugs everyone*
    "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Grrr I've totally BTDT & agree, it's bloody horrible. DO complain, and hopefully they will learn from this. Otherwise, look up local tow companies & see what options you may have.
    *offers plate of cookies*
    Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
    What's the difference?
    We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Ugh, annoying!

I just got two new neighbors a little over a month ago, and immediately, the Caretaker complained to them that they need to park in their numbered spot, which, is a valid complaint.

But why did he complain? Because his family/guests like to park in all the extra blank spots, and the new girls were apparently parking there and it was keeping his family/guests from parking there. RUDE.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Ugh, I had this happen to me once when I lived at an apartment that had a parking system like that. I went to the office and complained and the girl that worked there that was way pregnant went out and put a warning on their car. Later on, my friend went out to smoke and saw the offending parkers and asked if they could please move their car because his friend (me) was having a bad day and was upset about them being in her spot. They said that they had seen me and then threatened to beat my pregnant ass (I guess they thought the girl that put the note on their car was me) if I ever touched their car again. I'm still a little bitter about it and that happened 3 years ago.

Comment

Quoth notlovinit View Post
          They said that they had seen me and then threatened to beat my pregnant ass (I guess they thought the girl that put the note on their car was me) if I ever touched their car again. I'm still a little bitter about it and that happened 3 years ago.
          HOLY F***** S***! that's horrific! I sure hope karma got them in some way
          Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
          What's the difference?
          We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

I would just have them towed. The husband used to live downtown in the party district and people were forever blocking his driveway. We simply had them yanked out and towed away. Screw 'em.

Comment

Too bad you can't call Argabarga
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                Too bad you can't call Argabarga
                I so would...a friendly but merciless tow truck driver would be so useful. We've sent a formal letter to our estate agent about this douchnozzle - he and his POS truck are hogging a visitor's space at the moment. We're going to ask if the management company have a policy on arsehole numbered space tresspassers and if they have a preferred towing company - then we're thinking of contacting said company to be nice and give them a list of all the cars that might be in our spot (housemate's car, my car, cars of friends or family...) so any revenge calls will be to no avail...

Housemate thinks I'm getting paranoid. *paper bag on head* Not liking bitchy entitled neighbours.
                "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

It's not paranoia, it's understanding the nature of the beast of a neighbor.

we're going to have to switch to assigned parking here at our apartment complex. Wolfie and I got home last night from a bday party, to see 3 cars taking up SIX spots. There is covered parking here, and between every pole that props up the roof of the parking spots there is room for TWO vehicles (there have been LARGE trucks in the 2 spots side by side, so they're fairly sizeable) The spots are next to storage lockers, that open up to enough space where vehicles can drive into the grassy area where the backyards/patios are (made moving/unloading heavy stuff a LOT easier). The way it works is each area has room for a car in front of 1 storage locker

Three separate vehicles parked in three separate areas by plopping right smack dab in the middle, where the opening is to drive into the yard. THREE!! that's 6 spots, and they were 2 small cars and a mini van. We knocked on the manager's door (she lives on property) and she said she's working on a general notice to people saying ONE SPOT ONLY. and that we're probably going to get assigned parking come the new year. Thank gods, because we have a lot of parking lot assholes here.

Comment

You could make up "tow tags" like I used when I worked at Kinko's. Sheets of Rocket Red bright paper, printed up with the image of tow truck and the cheerful and easy to read words "Tow Me!".

Slap one of those babies on there and your friendly but merciless local tow truck driver can see it out of this cab when he drives by, stop, and pull a snatch and dash so fast the asshole won't know what hit him.

Comment

If you have an assigned, paid for, spot you probably CAN call to have the twitmobile towed... worth phoning a towing company or two and asking...
                      There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

you may have to get the number of the tow company the apartment is contracted with. other tow trucks might not be allowed to come onto the property - except to tow your own car.

i was going to suggest the police but then i remembered... they're not allowed to tow from private property unless the car is illegally parked (or in an illegal condition).

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                          We simply had them yanked out and towed away. Screw 'em.
                          That's what my neighbors and I do. We've had too many idiot parents...who attend the various events at the nearby elementary school...who can't park worth a damn. They'll park wherever they can fit, even if it's blocking someone's driveway. Some, even have the balls to park *in* someone's driveway
                          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

what's fun is watching them get spun up after they're towed
                            i mentioned my former coworker M who did that. parked in someone's covered spot for the night and had a fit about "he had no right to do that to me!" when he found his car towed in the morning.

Comment

What I used to do was print a note on my computer and then tape it to the windscreen in the drivers "field of view" with brown parcel tape.

People soon get sick of trying to get the residue off before they can drive away.
                              Not y3k compatible

Comment

Working...
                              X