This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helpless

So yesterday I had a call (my first call of the day) and it went something like this:

Me: Thank you for calling MYSTORE, comp_geek speaking.
    DumbAss: Yeah uh I bought a computer from you...this week...a Toshiba, A100, Windows XP, Toshiba.
    Me: Ok.
    DA: Ok so I'm just trying to figure out how to use it.
    Me: ummm...ok what are you trying to do? (figuring maybe he didn't askt he question right)
    DA: I'm just trying to use it, to do something with it...
    Me: UMMMM ok well do you want to do something in particular?
    DA: NO I'M JUST TRYING TO USE IT!

We went on like this for like 20 minutes (granted I should have just sent him to toshiba support by then).

DA: Well shouldn't there be a manual that tells me how to use it?
    Me: Every program comes with a help menu, just click on that.
    DA: Oh Ok. Thanks.
    Me: You're welcome... *I could HEAR MY BRAIN CELLS SCREAMING AS THEY WERE DYING*

God, some people are so helpless when it comes to the great and all powerful COMPUTERSON. He even asked me if it was ok to bring the phone near the computer. I was hurting after that call. I asked my manager if I could go home sick, cos I've just lost all hope in humanity.
    "They have the internet on computers now?"
    ~Homer Simpson

Another day at work, another broken desk

Sounds like you just met the newest card-carrying member of the "More Money Than Brains Club".

Next time, just tell him to send it to me. I'll give it a good home.

Comment

Let me guess. The call came about 4 seconds after you opened....

I always hate the first call of the day. Always a problem.
      "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

Why do people buy something if they have no clue how to use it at all?

Comment

Quoth Comp_geek
          He even asked me if it was ok to bring the phone near the computer.
          <DA>
          Some cordless/cell phones can play hell with 2.4GHz wireless routers (and some 5.8 ones as well depending on the router and phone)
          </DA>
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker
            <DA>
            Some cordless/cell phones can play hell with 2.4GHz wireless routers (and some 5.8 ones as well depending on the router and phone)
            </DA>
            yeah but COME ON.
            "They have the internet on computers now?"
            ~Homer Simpson

Another day at work, another broken desk

Comment

True, he did ask about the computer. Unless the phone has a rare-earth magnet in it it's OK
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Yet another example of "everyone has a computer these days, I MUST have one!!" without having any idea what people are using them for.

Put this in the same folder as the guy who complained the internet was pretty boring because all it did was count minutes (got connected, never loaded IE).

Comment

Quoth Mr. Rude
                  Let me guess. The call came about 4 seconds after you opened....

I always hate the first call of the day. Always a problem.
                  Or 4 seconds before close.

We've got some freshmen on college right now. Their last class gets out at 3pm, yet it's 4pm before they'll come in, and we close at 4:30pm..

Sigh..

Jenni
                  SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
                  SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker
                    True, he did ask about the computer. Unless the phone has a rare-earth magnet in it it's OK
                    That's kind of my thought. If a computer can survive a radar antenna spinning not 5 feet away (and yes, I'm speaking from experience), I think it can handle the energy output of a cellphone. Granted, mine intereferes with my speakers when I'm on a call, but otherwise no problem.

Glad it's you and not me though. I'd be tempted to tell him "Well, first you push the big round button on the front of the tall box..."

Comment

We get this crap all the time. They call up, ask "How do I use this thing" and then expect me to be a teacher. Um...NO!!!! I don't think so. We provide Internet Tech Support, not dumb@$$ tech support. They call back time and time again......

They stare at the screen and then call us.

SC: I just got internet from you, what do I do?
                      ME: What do you want to do?
                      SC: I don't know
                      ME: Ok, well when you figure it out, call us back.

Morons!
                      "The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts." - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                      X