Go Back   Customers Suck! > Community > Forum games

Closed Thread

Your All-Time Favorite Quotes!
Old 06-22-2009, 05:39 AM
Knows where his towel is!

Cool Your All-Time Favorite Quotes!

This is a "game" thread that proved popular on another forum I go to, so I'm starting it up here!

The idea behind this thread is simple: Post your favorite quotes!

But since they ARE quotes, it would be nice if you let us know who or where your quote comes from, mmm-kay?

I'll start off with one of the greatest things ever written in any fantasy novel...

The Wizard's First Rule:

"People are stupid. Given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they're afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."

--From Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind

Old 06-22-2009, 06:26 AM
Gateway to your goals

"Yeah, I always find myself questioning the way I imagine my myths when I'm eating my Lucky Charms every morning with a goddamned Black Santa spoon!"- Rader from John Green's Paper Towns

"Life is like baseball. For the most part, nothing happens. Then there are moments, days, that you spend in utter glory. Or utter shit"-Desmond McKay from Black Irish

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Old 06-22-2009, 06:50 AM
Knows where his towel is!

Exclamation

Some more faves...
  • "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    --Albert Einstein
  • "This must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays."
    --Arthur Dent, from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by the Late, Great Douglas Adams
  • "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."
    --Bruce (AKA David) Banner, from The Incredible Hulk
  • "I am NOT the man with whom to fuck!"
    --Frank Elgyn (Michael Wincott), from Alien Resurrection
I especially like that last one! I saw the movie one time, in the theater, over 10 years ago, and I STILL remember that line!

Sadly, in my case, the ladies have interpreted that line in entirely the wrong way.

Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 06-22-2009 at 07:37 AM.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:16 AM
Area Manager

Even the worlds greatest oak is just a nut who stood its ground.(I have no idea where its from but it fits me well.)

And of course:
This is my boom stick! - Army of Darkness

Old 06-22-2009, 08:48 AM
Store Manager

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." - Mark Twain

"The Rule of Nature is 'Survive'. The Rule of Man is 'Obey'. But the Rule of God is 'Love'." - from a cheap 70's horror movie called "The Night God Screamed"... I don't know why, but I've always liked that line. I'm not 100% on the quote, though... it's either Rule or Law.
Savage '52-'11 • Misawa '62-'09 • Naniwa '77-'10 • Ox Baker '34-'14 • Rhodes '45-'15 • Piper '54-'15 • Bockwinkel '34-'15 • Hayabusa '68-'16 • Chyna '70-'16 • Mr. Fuji '34-'16 • Animal '37-'17 • Uncle Ivan '42-'17 • Heenan '44-'17

Old 06-22-2009, 09:16 AM
Gateway to your goals

~"It would be a lot easier to enjoy your life if there weren't so many things trying to kill you every day."- CNN.com

~Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality- Jules de Gaultier

~Don't take life too serious. You'll never escape it alive anyway.- Elbert Hubbard

~Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog: Nobody really enjoy is and the frog generally dies in the end.- E.B. White

~There is nothing more exhilarating tahn to be shot at without result.- Winston Churchill

To be honest I keep a journal of my favorite quotes. I could go on forever. I just wanted to end with these two.

~Music is music like food is food. You rarely meet someone who just eats Italian. - Gregory Charles from CBC Radio 2

~Evey new experience is unusual. The rest of life is just sleep and committee meetings. - Dr. Sophia Briggs in John Twelve Hawk's "The Traveler"

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:26 AM

I used to have a big text file of quotes I loved, but forgot to back it up. And now it's gone.

Here's a couple i could remember

This [a bible] is not a weapon... You idiot!
- Mary, Saved

From the movie Saved. It also has applications in real life

and from The Gruen Transfer, a television series about advertising, how it works, and how it works on you

"It's like trying to get laid by showing a girl your resume.
Look I was good at biology and woodwork so I know where stuff is and I'm good with my hands"
"...You know that might actually work."
- The Gruen Transfer, Dan Gregory & Wil Anderson

and pretty much anything from Terry Pratchett

- Dan, The Gruen Transfer

Old 06-22-2009, 10:48 AM
Cashier

My all time favorites.

"I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams." - Hamlet

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain." - Blade Runner

Seduce, Let Loose, The Vision and The Void - Coil

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain - Blade Runner

Old 06-22-2009, 01:38 PM
High Priest to Grog-Boozith

"Try not. Do. Or do not. There is not try." --Yoda, "The Empire Strikes Back.

“Naturally the common people don't want war.... That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along.... Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.” --Hermann Goering.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." --Benjamin Franklin.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
Still A Customer."

Old 06-22-2009, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

A few of my favorites...

"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines." -- Enzo Ferrari

"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" -- Sir Michael Caine as Charlie Croker, The Italian Job

"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong -- look what they can do to a Weber carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver." --Colin Chapman (founder, Lotus Cars)

"If God had meant for us to walk, why did he give us feet that fit car pedals?" -- Sir Stirling Moss