Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For crying out loud, just TELL ME why you're calling!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For crying out loud, just TELL ME why you're calling!

Me: Thank you for calling <Red Checkmark>, how may I help you?
    SC: Look at the notes on my account and you tell me.
    (I spend a few moments perusing the notes, they aren't that clear but it appears he's tired of "defective" phones and wants a replacement of some kind)
    Me: I'm seeing here you've had issues with your phone and you've been looking into your replacement options, is that right?
    SC: Just read the notes. Take your time, I'm in no hurry at all.
    Me
    (I spend a few moments doing absolutely nothing, then resume the conversation)
    Me: Ok, I have finished reviewing the notes and I can tell you've had several warranty replacements that haven't worked and from what I gather you want a particular kind of replacement.
    SC: Five minutes reading those notes and that's ALL you got?? Oh my god...
    Me: Some of the notes are incomplete, I apologize of course and I am happy to help you get your problem taken care of.
    SC: No! We're not done here. You're obviously lacking understanding. READ THE NOTES.
    Me: I have sir, but unfortunately they aren't as specific as you probably think they are. As I said, I'm sorry about that, but I'll need you to fill in some blanks for me.
    SC: You people are so useless.
    Me: So what kind of replacement phone are you looking for?
    SC: Here's what you're going to do son. You going to send me a brand new replacement phone. New. N-E-W (yes, he actually spelled it out) Not more refurbished crap, a brand new phone. And I don't want another S4 either. I want either a Note 3 or an S5. AND you're not going to charge me a penny for it, AND you're going to overnight it to me at no additional cost either. Do you understand?
    Me: Firstly, I'd like to point out--
    SC: Ah, ah, ah..stop. I asked you a yes or no question. That is all I expect in response. Do you understand what I want? Yes or no.
    Me: Yes, I do.
    SC: Excellent, we're finally getting somewhere. Now, can you make that happen for me?
    Me: Not exactly, but--
    SC: There we go again. You really don't get this whole "Yes or no" question thing. Please answer me yes or no, can you make that happen?
    Me: No.
    SC: Then please transfer me to a manager or supervisor so I can stop wasting my time.
    Me: Hold one moment please.

My manager shot him down quickly. If it sounds like this guy was arrogant, he was. "Holier than thou" doesn't even begin to describe it. I was tempted to leave some very short, vague notes on his account just to screw with him a little but unfortunately I would have gotten in hot water with QA if the call was being monitored had I done it.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

That guy sucks. Happy your manager didn't cave.

I have a direct relative who pulls the "I want a yes or no answer." The times he pulled this crap on me I can't count. I grew up with him, and he would say exactly the same thing that SC did to you. I'm serious, it literally could be him, he has Red Checkmark for his cell service.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Yeah, that "yes or no answer" really means "I want you to say 'yes,' and if you don't, it's bad customer service."
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
        Yeah, that "yes or no answer" really means "I want you to say 'yes,' and if you don't, it's bad customer service."
        "That's because you're a bad customer, Mister Bossy!"

I would not last one minute in a cell phone company. I have no patience for entitlement-minded, high-maintenance drama queens.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
        X