Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carding people who think they're so special.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Deserted View Post
    Wait... two young women, pleased to be mistaken for a whopping 3-4 years younger than reality? I could see it if they were, say, 46 and 47...
    I was like 19 at the time. I was busy thinking "woo guess low for safety" XD I can see your point, but hey maybe they'd had a rough day. Who knows. I actually ran into one of them out of work a week or so later, they said that and my attitude/service the rest of the time made them switch supermarkets (which was nice to hear). I can be nice sometimes! XD
    Becks - Wasn't sure you'd come back to see that XD *puts on authoritive voice* "Thank you miss, better keep that ID handy!"
    "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
    Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
      Becks, to make you feel better - this forum has a age requirement of 21 or over (under no authority what so ever XD) - Can I please see your ID? :P
      Is it anything like Fox Mulder's ID on the Simpsons?
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
        Is it anything like Fox Mulder's ID on the Simpsons?
        Wooom woooom woooom

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post

Becks, to make you feel better - this forum has a age requirement of 21 or over (under no authority what so ever XD) - Can I please see your ID? :P
          My ID's in my car. Can I run out and get it?

It's funny how many people would walk in a store and leave their IDs in their car. But scary that some of them had left their IDs at home and were out driving without.
          THEN get upset because I wouldn't sell to them without it.
          "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
            Got past the age and got carded a few times, then never again. Must be the beard or handlebar Mo I always have.
            Or maybe they're just intimidated by that BIG FREAKING AXE you carry.

(OK, it's more of a halberd. But "BIG FREAKING AXE" sounds more intimidating than "standard-sized halberd.")
            “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
            One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
            The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

I had a boss a long time ago who was 4 feet 5 inches tall, and every time she went to a bar she was carded. This was a lady in her late 50s. She also told me that people tried to intimidate her because she was so short (I saw instances of this myself). She told me, "I used to manage a biker bar. I don't intimidate easily."

Comment

Quoth Sparklyturtle View Post
                I had a boss a long time ago who was 4 feet 5 inches tall, and every time she went to a bar she was carded. This was a lady in her late 50s. She also told me that people tried to intimidate her because she was so short (I saw instances of this myself). She told me, "I used to manage a biker bar. I don't intimidate easily."
                Was your boss Hetty from NCIS: LA.?

Comment

Quoth siskaren View Post
                  Was your boss Hetty from NCIS: LA.?
                  That's what I was thinking, too. But could not remember her name.
                  "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                    You might be thinking of pseudophenadrine, an antihistamine. My mother complains that this one is the only one which stops her sneezing without leaving her stoned.
                    Yeah, the pseudoephedrine (or whatever it is) ban has really screwed over allergy sufferers, including me. It's the only thing that truly works, and now you have to have a prescription to buy it in our state.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Amazingly, California has not made it prescription-only, but does require swiping ID and limits amount bought per month.

Stupid meth-heads. (sneeze sniffle)
                      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

I remember being called sexist by this one girl. I was doing security at a gay pride dance party event and it was a 18+ event so I was required to card anyone who looked under 18. I ask this one girl for some id

Me: Can I see your ID please?
                        Her: Why do I need to show you ID!
                        Me: it's an 18+ event.
                        Her: Why didn't check their ID! *points to 3 clearly older males*
                        Me. They are clearly over 18
                        Her: No it's not, it's because they're male!, your sexist!!!
                        Me; I assure you it's not that, ID please or you can't go in
                        Her; Fine, here!

she had just turned 19, so you could see why I asked for ID. she then left into the party in huff lol

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                          Amazingly, California has not made it prescription-only, but does require swiping ID and limits amount bought per month.
                          I could deal with that; Arizona was the same way. I don't suppose California would allow someone from another state to buy it there? (Wonder what Washington state does?)
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Hmmm. Sudafed does NOTHING whatsoever for my allergies, just dries up my head during a cold. I have horrible hay fever, but nothing worse than horrible hay fever, so I DO count my blessings! I have taken an antihistamine daily for decades, because if I don't I have itchy nose, drippy nose, sneeze constantly, etc. PITA... but nothing more than that, and I am grateful that it's just a nuisance. I only wish pseudoephedrine did more than mostly dry out my head...

Comment

Just curious, and some of my info is from Wikipedia (not the most authoritative source), but it's my understanding that meth is one of those chemicals with both left-handed and right-handed forms, with the right-handed being the "bad actor" (left-handed being found in OTC Vick's Vapo Inhaler).

Assuming that pseudoephedrine is another "two forms" chemical, that the left-handed form works for allergy sufferers (probable, being that left-handed meth works in the Vapo Inhaler), and that it doesn't racemize when put through the "hillbilly refinery", why can't the government require that only left-handed PE be sold?

Unlike "must have a prescription" and "must show ID" restrictions (which by their nature announce to the public that they exist), such a restriction could be done "silently". To the abusers, it would look like things were working (they'd still get the crystals at the end of their process, since they'd be producing meth - the left-handed form), but the final product wouldn't work as desired.
                              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X