This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth raudf View Post
    Now that it's darker (amazing what avoiding the sun will do, more auburn than the red any more) and going silver...
    My red-headed grandma went silver. There were a number of years in the middle of that process when her hair was PINK!!
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
      I used to have long, (non-orange) red, hair. Even having a tough scalp did nothing to reduce the number of migraines I got from the sheer weight of it. Between that and the fact that I had people constantly trying to TOUCH IT, I got it cut off. That did cause a stylist to almost cry, but they didn't have to deal with it day in and day out.. I did.

Now that it's darker (amazing what avoiding the sun will do, more auburn than the red any more) and going silver, I might let it grow out again, but I'll have to figure out knots to take the weight off the face and neck.
      I found that as I aged my hair got thinner, which helped with the weight related headaches. If you can manage it, the best 'do for me was double french braids. If you don't like the juvenile look, you can pin up the ends across the hairline at the back of your neck for an easy, very classy look.
      At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
        If you don't like the juvenile look, you can pin up the ends across the hairline at the back of your neck for an easy, very classy look.
        If it's long enough you can do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG4MTltnX7M
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Ohhhh. That's nice. I think I will try it.

I'm attaching a picture of what I was talking about before.
          Attached Files
          At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

I used to do something similar, except with regular braids instead of french or dutch.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
            X