This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 3am Pool Party

The hotel I work for has a pool right in the middle of the atrium which is surrounded by many rooms. For this reason we padlock both gates by 10pm so our guests won't be disturbed by loud guests in the pool. The hours are posted as well.

3am on a busy Saturday night and I hear splashing in the pool. I run over and there are five people in the pool area. I politely tell them it is time to get out. One dude who is standing by the gate gathering his clothes has the nerve to ask me if it is such a big deal.

I tell him they are making too much noise and we are full so they might be bothering other guests and I let him know he is trespassing. He responds "{yeah right, trespassing" That is when I tell him he is lucky I have not called the cops yet.

Anytime you have to hop over a locked gate to get somewhere you are trespassing loser.

Nothing good happens when the words "party" and "3AM" are used together.
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth figgyx View Post
      Anytime you have to hop over a locked gate to get somewhere you are trespassing loser.
      Should have just called the cops. Forget a warning.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
        Nothing good happens when the words "party" and "3AM" are used together.
        I disagree. I've had plenty of fun private parties at 3am. I kinda miss that guy.

Comment

If that were me, I might grab a flashlight and a hat, pretend to be night security and scare the crap out of those idiots.
          "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

I'm guessing the jackass left, but probably not gracefully...

Comment

These are the kind of people I would like to load into a rocket and fire into the sun. Why? Because when I pay for a frickin' hotel room, I intend to get some sleep, and god help you if you make so much noise that I can't do that. Inconsiderate jackasses make me crazy(er).
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth figgyx View Post
                I let him know he is trespassing. He responds "{yeah right, trespassing" That is when I tell him he is lucky I have not called the cops yet.

If he is a guest, then he should've read and followed the hotel rules. If he is not a guest, he is indeed a trespasser. Either way, you would've been within your rights to call the police. I'm thinking you should next time. You don't know if someone's carrying a gun.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                  You don't know if someone's carrying a gun.
                  Normally I would agree, but... in the pool?
                  Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                  OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                  she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                  Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

You'd be surprised, Deserted.
                    Moreover XC's right as the fine print in most hotel registrations has clauses about following various rules.
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Trespassing: an unlawful act causing injury to the person, property, or rights of another, committed with force or violence, actual or implied. I feel like anytime a person is asked to leave by a person who has authority and they refuse, that could be considered trespassing. The force or violence bit is a little iffy in this case, but whatever. It doesn't need to be legal trespassing. It is against policy, end of story.

I personally get pretty darn cranky when woken up, so I appreciate hotels being strict about rules which keep things quiet.
                      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Yeahhh I know all about 3 am pool parties...once I found the manager of my old hotel in there, drunk! O_O
                        Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                        The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Back in '93, I stayed at the 'Big Green' Inn near the airport in New Orleans for about four weeks, while I was taking classes at a nearby navigation school.

The hotel rented-out the pool area (indoor, in the center of the complex) every weekend for pool parties for kids -- birthday parties, et cetera. It was always so freaking noisy! And you could count on at least one kid pulling the fire alarm, each weekend day.

Unfortunately, my room was an inside room, adjoining the pool area. You couldn't sleep-in late, and if you wanted to watch TV, it had to be on full blast.
                          Who hears all your prayers? Why, the NSA, of course!

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
                            Normally I would agree, but... in the pool?
                            When it concerns SCs, common sense rarely enters into the equation. (It wouldn't be in the pool itself, but on the sides, perhaps under a towel on one of the side tables.)
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I've heard reports that when Glock first came out with its polymer-frame pistols, some sources jokingly referred to them as "dishwasher safe" (since the frame wouldn't rust). Wouldn't be surprised if someone interpreted that as meaning they could go swimming while "packing heat" - and writing a nasty letter to Glock about the metal components of their pistol (or their ammunition) being damaged by the chlorinated water.
                              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X