Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Three from the last couple of days (LONG)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three from the last couple of days (LONG)

I knew what was going to happen in the end

Saturday night is rockin deliveries (spring break for the local public schools this week and next as the surrounding towns stagger breaks). I get this delivery around 11pm and head out. Get to the door and a bunch of 8 year old girls answer. I tell them the total ($28.74 to be exact). The girls had me 2 $20 bills.

Now At this point I see NO adult or responcible person like a babysitter. Whatever.

I hand them the order and put the money in my customer pocket, put down the delivery pouch and start to reach into my change pocket to give them the change due back. The little girls just say Thank You and shut the door.

OK those of you who have done delivery know to take this as a BIG sign the transaction is DONE. Yeah I did too BUT I am wary because of the gaggle of 8 year old girls. As I am pulling away I call the store and talk to the MOD because my delivery spidey sense is tingling something fierce. I let the MOD know about the situation and to possibly expect a call from an adult or other responcible adult at that address complaining that I either "Stole money" from them or purposely walked away not giving change. MOD thanks me for the heads up.

Now usually in this situation the adult will call back in a VERY short amount of time. NOT here.We go on with the shift, close up I claim my tips (including the $11 tip from the order above) and leave. I was off Sunday.

So I come into work on Monday to find a copy of the above order sitting near the clock in POS terminal. I pick it up and immediately go find the MOD (different one from above) and ask what is going on and that I KNEW this order would call in sometime. MOD says they called on Sunday saying the driver stole their change back or maybe it was they were owed change back or something. Yeah I can see their reasoning. I tell the MOD that if the customer wants their change back the store can do it since I have already claimed it as a tip. MOD says to check with the GM as the GM is closing that night.

Talked to GM and they tell me time is the variable here. (I LOVE my GM) Yes they will get their change back BUT since they waited a whole day (I assume because an adult was not around the night before) I was off the hook and the store will give them their change back.

This happens to me on average once a year and I really hate when it happens. EITHER teach your children some responcibility OR give clear instructions to your babysitter and/or children OR DO YOUR DAMN job as a parent.

these next 2 happened on Wed night

WOW YOU are really fast OR weird customer time strikes again

This one is somewhat minor but really annoying. Again spring break is here and we are rockin deliveries.

I get a delivery to a hotel with a waterpark (in-house waterparks another rant for another time). SO this hotel has us always stop at the front desk. No problem with that. the deck clerk waves for me to just go to the room. I knock and wait. I knock again and wait. Head back to the front desk for assistance. The clerk calls the cell number provided and someone answers BUT hangs up right away. SO I call the number on my order ticket. A man picks up and I inform him that I have an order for him in the lobby. "

OH We were in the pool. BOY you guys got here FAST we only ordered like 10 or 15 minutes ago."

I look at the ticket. It states the order was taken at 8pm exactly and a 35 minute delivery time was quoted. I look at my cell phone and find the time to be:

<drumroll please>

8:32pm

<head meet desk>

At least they tipped me well

The case of I just need more food to feed my hungry hoard

Same hotel as above same night just later in the night.

Still rockin deliveries on a weeknight. I get an order to the above mentioned hotel (different room number> Desk clerk again waves me through as the order is going to a close by room. knock on the door and Mom answers. I repeat the order and the total ($29.88). she tells me to hold on a second so she can get the money. She then counts out 7 $5 bills (important info) and hands them to me. I hand her order and turn to leave. Mom says well what about the cups and the soda? I pull the order ticket out and show her there was NO soda on said ticket

BUT WE ORDERED SODA
    Sorry there is NO soda on the ticket and you did not pay for a soda.
    WELL how much is the order?
    $29.88
    AND How much did I give you?
    $35
    OK GIMME $5 BACK

I give her the $5 back and make haste to remove myself so I do not go off on her. I get back to the store about 10 minutes later and get some in-store stuff done. About 5 minutes later the phone rings and the MOD answers. I catch a bit of the opening part of the conversation. MOD mentions hotel and I KNOW who is calling not sure WHY.

MOD talks to customer. They bring up the order and re-put it through for a remake.

OK whatever. after they get off the phone I ask the MOD what is up. MOD says their order was COLD and DISGUSTING and their did not get their soda and wants ALL their food remade for free and OH by the way the driver did not bring us our soda AND tried to walk away with $10 BUT I still tipped him $5 anyway

OH YOU FUCKED UP LYING BITCH

I refused to deliver that order. Other closing driver did along with another hotel order nearby.

WHY do they have to embellish this and then just straight out lie?
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

I could never be a delivery driver. First, those kids. Parents, hello?? Easy way to deal with this, either pay online, or have the money be part of the kids allowance. I bet you they'd make sure to get their change back if it was their own money. I can't imagine ever calling to accuse a delivery person of stealing, I mean, it's not like you ran into their house and stole a lamp or something... You were given this money, and even if it was in error, you didn't physically grab their wallet and take the money.

Also, it's good that you refused that last woman's delivery. Do these people not realize that you handle their food? Just because you won't do something bad to the food doesn't mean that someone else won't!
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

OMG. people are dumb. Granted maybe not in a hotel where you won't see the driver again, but i still wouldn't be cheap, but if you order regularly, or even a few times a year like me, be nice and tip well. My local pizza place charges a del. fee which i KNOW does not go to the driver. I always have a $2 off coupon, on a large, and get a large cheese pie. Del. charge is $2 or $2.50. So the coupon pays for that, and my total is $13 and change.

I give him $20. and take my pizza and go back inside. Sometimes, becasue i am a bit OCD about numbers, if its 13.38, I'll give him $20.50 so his tip is even. I mean, i'd probably tip about $5 anyway, and if all I have is a $20, another few dollars won't break me. I get like 4 meals out of it, so well worth it. AND, they always get to me in less time than they say. hmmm..

Comment

With the 8 year old's I agree, the kids should have either been supervised or the extra tip let go. Coming back that much later just shows how totally cheap and self-centered you are. A ban would not be out of order here...

Fucked up lying bitch is obviously a serial-scammer and again, needs to be perma-banned. Which Coprick won't allow, of course...

Comment

Sorry, but if you hand $40 to your young kids to pay for delivery food that costs under $30, you'd better damn well tell them EXACTLY how much change you want back. Or, I dunno, GO TO THE DOOR YOURSELF?! And asking for the tip BACK is particularly asshole-ish. Sorry, dude, but losing ten bucks never bankrupted anyone. If you can afford $30 for delivery (that would have paid for a week's worth of my groceries), you can afford another ten bucks. And if you can't, you should have been monitoring the transaction to make sure you got back what you wanted.

Comment

Now, this wouldn't have worked with the 8 year olds since they closed the door on you so quickly, but I had luck with this when I used to deliver:

When dealing with kids, when they give you the money, ask "how much change did you want back?" - I think a lot of them are simply ignorant to the tipping system. This makes them think twice and more often than not, they'd at least tip me a dollar and change or so.

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
              Now, this wouldn't have worked with the 8 year olds since they closed the door on you so quickly, but I had luck with this when I used to deliver:

When dealing with kids, when they give you the money, ask "how much change did you want back?" - I think a lot of them are simply ignorant to the tipping system. This makes them think twice and more often than not, they'd at least tip me a dollar and change or so.
              Great idea! (Although yeah, it probably wouldn't have worked in this particular case.) Seriously, at 8 years old, they are VERY unlikely to be doing math in their head, so they just hand over the cash and shut the door and dig into the pizza. But the freakin' adults (so-called) should've had more sense than to automatically blame it on the delivery person that no change was given (okay, they should've been present in the FIRST place ...)
              Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
                When dealing with kids, when they give you the money, ask "how much change did you want back?"
                >_< When I delivered pizza I was asking adults this for the first week or so. I tend to be a very logical type thinker so it made sense to me. It was much more efficient than people handing me money, me handing them money, and them handing me money back. It just made sense to me.

I probably should have figured out something was up when a guy laughed and said he liked me asking that (and I got a bigger tip). But I definitely realized something was wrong when a guy got mad and just snapped "All of it."

I talked to my supervisor about it and all he said was "You shouldn't ask that." But wouldn't elaborate why. I had to talk to friends of mine about it for someone to point out that I was basically going "So how much money are you giving me?" x_x

Comment

Working...
                X