This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth icmedia View Post
    He probably doesn't have one, for whatever reason (lost, stolen, never bothered to get one, cops took it, etc.).
    Vote: Cops took it. Double or nothing.

Comment

Quoth UncleImpy View Post
      What I don't get is...if he went back to get his damned mother...WHY DIDNT HE JUST GET HIS ID? Argh!
      Cuz that would make sense! And with SCs, if it makes sense, it's not allowed.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
        "Ma'am, clearly he's not 18 or older since you still have to fight his battles."
        Good one. My guess would be either cops took it or he "pawned" it for drugs.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

What I don't get is...if he went back to get his damned mother...WHY DIDNT HE JUST GET HIS ID? Argh!
          It's the principle of the thing! The Manâ„¢ can't tell him what to do!
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

If a man still resorts to getting his mommy to fight his battles for him like this, I don't see a cigarette as the object he is sucking on. (Mentally if not physically.)
            "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
            .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth Firecrackers Not Included View Post
              Vote: Cops took it. Double or nothing.
              Ha, that would be my vote. I thought I was being too negative
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Because it would show that he is underage.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                  Cuz that would make sense! And with SCs, if it makes sense, it's not allowed.
                  SO true! (sigh)
                  "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Maybe he lost it. Maybe he misplaced it. Maybe his mommy's house was closer than his own. Maybe it was taken from him. Tons of possibilities.

My bet is he's just a doucehbag.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

I don't ever get why people try to argue when it comes to ID. It's AGAINST THE LAW to sell to people underage, so if you can't prove that you're NOT underage, then it sucks to be you. I'm not going to risk my job and a meeting with the court system because you're dumb enough to leave the house without your ID. Period.

I had a guy one day who actually tried to buy beer along with the rest of his groceries while he had his underage roommates with him. I'm assuming the roommates were with him because they were collectively buying groceries to share. But really??? He proceeds to get all pissed when I deny the sale, even after he said something along the lines of "oh well they're underage but they're my roommates, that's why they're with me." Luckily my favorite CSM was nearby when he asked for a manager, so she finished shutting him down. Then, a couple of customers back in line was an older guy who told me I did a great job, that he was a retired cop and he said to never back down on stuff like that. So, SC followed by the best CSM ever, followed by awesome customer, it was a great day
                      Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter.

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                        My problem would be remembering to switch said handbag between bags. I just really need to THINK when loading whichever bag is traveling with me that day.
                        I used to hang the little handbag off the front door knob. That way I'd see it and stick it in whatever bag I was going to use that day.

Of course this was back when we had a dog who liked to eat the post, so the house had a blocked-off letterbox and a locked mail box screwed to the front wall of the house. No chance of anyone reaching through and grabbing the bag.
                        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I am 30 and still live with my parents, but I pay part of the bills and am taking care of the family trust accounts.

Never once has my mother or father fought a battle for me. Of course, I never get into battles in the first place because almost everyone I know is a reasonable person and I am reasonable.
                          I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Quoth judecat View Post
                            I know lots of adults who live at home for economic reasons, but who are not attached to mommy's apron strings. Adulthood has more to do with how you act than it does with where you live.
                            This, so this. My parents haven't fought my battles since I was fourteen.

Like Jester, on the rare occasion I'm carded, I politely hand over my ID. I'm not going to ask any one to risk their job over something so trivial.

And hell, at my age . . . it's frankly flattering
                            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Damn, even when I lived with one of my relatives, I was never that bad. And there was a one month period where I had no ID at all.

Of course now that work and other things require me to shave, I get carded almost everywhere.

Comment

Quoth MelindaJoy77 View Post
                                I don't ever get why people try to argue when it comes to ID. It's AGAINST THE LAW to sell to people underage, so if you can't prove that you're NOT underage, then it sucks to be you.
                                Exactly. I don't care how much an SC whines, pleads, bitches or shouts, I am not going to budge on this. Either you go home, retrieve your ID and come back to buy your smokes, or you do without. Those are the choices and they're not going to change.
                                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                                X