This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth mathnerd View Post
    I'm of two minds with the plastic bags. On the one hand, not having them reduces overhead and helps save the environment. On the other hand, I save them and use them instead of buying trash bags (and take the ones with giant holes back to the recycle bins at the stores), so having them go away would mean I'd actually have to spend money on trash bags.
    Heck, I have waste baskets that were *sold* as being able to use the plastic grocery bags for liners. And being on a very limited income, having to start buying trash bags when the city banned the plastic store bags was a hit on my budget.

Especially since trying to match the measurements on the boxes of bags to the wastebaskets is not nearly as easy as they think.

Comment

It's okay for people who remember their bags.

Even worse than most of the complainers are the folks in nearby towns that didn't get a ban. It was pretty easy to tell who was coming from Seatown when it phased in its ban. They were the only ones asking when our 9-13 store (in a separate town) was getting rid of the plastic bags.

Supposedly after I left someone was saying the store was going to get fined... For not following a law that didn't apply.

Comment

While I like the concept of reusable shopping bags, I am not fond of touching grungy foul smelling fabric bags covered in animal fur and reeking of cat pee and dirty feet. The store I work at offers a $0.05 credit for each reusable bag used by a customer...however, sometimes I feel like I need hazard pay to touch the reusable bags provided by the customers.

Comment

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...5p-charge.html

Yes, well done Daily Mail. You have doomed us cashiers to hell as angry customers scream at us cuz we have to charge for plastic bags next year. At the petrol station, we have to offer customers a bag even if they've just bought one bottle of milk. I do find it annoying, but it's nowhere near as bad as it will be when we have to charge 5p for a bag. The volume of screaming is going to make the glass shatter.
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
          X