This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid customers bitch about safety issue

A few days ago, before we opened, we got a suspected water in one of the diesel tanks at the petrol station. Naturally, the morning staff's response was to close off all the pumps fed from that tank and to log it as urgent. The guys who came to sort the tank out arrived a few hours later. As well as sorting the diesel tank with the water, they also decided to, just to be on the safe side, clean the other diesel tank as well. This meant that the petrol station was temporarily unable to sell diesel. There was no less than three signs outside informing customers of the fact; one at the entrance, so that no-one could miss it. Sadly, as we all know, customers don't read signs. Cue suckiness.

Several customers bitched about the fact that we had no diesel. Some even tried to use the diesel pumps, ignoring the "Do not use" signs on them, and then complained when we didn't switch them on cuz, get this, the tanks are being cleaned out so there is no fucking diesel in them right now and all the customer would get out of them is water and sediment. Seriously, people, we are saving you from majorly expensive car damage, we're not just being nasty meanies and depriving you of diesel.

One particularly stupid SC came in specifically to whinge about the fact that we had no diesel. He began his bitchfest with "I know it's not your fault, but..." and then proceeded to whine about how we were always running out of fuel every time he came here. I corrected him, saying that we hadn't run out of diesel but there was an issue with the tanks and that's what the guys outside were doing right now, ie fixing it. He continued to moan and demanded that I tell my manager. I did, but only cuz I thought she could do with a good laugh.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Customers seem to think that we service workers were spawned from Satan himself, and that we only do these things to cause misery and inconvenience. If only they learned to realise that we actually DO care about our customers and don't want them to get hurt or damage their belongings etc etc.

Comment

I had one guy come in while I was waiting in line inside a gas station and loudly that they needed to have diesel at the station, couldn't understand why it was so difficult to do. I had to tell him that it'd cost them $100,000 just to put in an extra tank, not to mention running lines and upgrading the pumps. He quieted down a bit.

Turns out the station later started carrying diesel, though, so maybe management shared his opinion.

Comment

Because if there's one place I wish the staff would just ignore those pesky crazy safety issues it's a gas station
        Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Too bad you couldn't sarcastically heave a jug of water on the counter and tell him that it's the same thing he'd get if you turned on the pumps for him. The moron would probably interpret that as an endorsement that it would be a good idea.

Comment

The fact a SC can't get what they want is where all their complaints start and stop, nothing else is considered important except that they've been inconvenienced.

The place could be ON FIRE and they'd whine that they can't get around the firemen blocking the entrance. You can point out that if they managed to get inside, they'd quickly die, but that's not the point!

Point is, they can't get inside! And they're a customer! See? See where the problem is?!
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
              The place could be ON FIRE and they'd whine that they can't get around the firemen blocking the entrance. You can point out that if they managed to get inside, they'd quickly die, but that's not the point!
              In a case like that, the firemen should get out of the way and let the customers in. After all, it would reduce the population of SCs.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
                Too bad you couldn't sarcastically heave a jug of sludgy water on the counter and tell him that it's the same thing he'd get if you turned on the pumps for him. The moron would probably interpret that as an endorsement that it would be a good idea.
                I second this.

A station was going out of business but was still selling gas. I ended up with more water than gas and had to have the tank drained.

If I ever see that owner again...

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post

Point is, they can't get inside! And they're a customer! See? See where the problem is?!
                  I've had people step over the resus I was running, so yeah they'd step around trumpton to get inside a burning building.
                  A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Well, we once had to call the fire brigade cuz of a major petrol spill all over the forecourt. Customers were still trying to get in, despite the fact that we could not serve anyone fuel cuz we'd switched off all the pumps while the firemen were working. Seriously, if I went past a petrol station and saw a fire engine parked there, I'd get the hell out of there.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                      Seriously, if I went past a petrol station and saw a fire engine parked there, I'd get the hell out of there.
                      Unless, of course, it were pulled up to a pump, lights off, and someone was filling its tank. Hey, fire engines need fuel too.
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

This one was sitting on the forecourt and firemen were out doing a mass mopping up operation. XD

We still had people driving in and asking, "Are you open?"
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                          This one was sitting on the forecourt and firemen were out doing a mass mopping up operation. XD

We still had people driving in and asking, "Are you open?"
                          Hahaha. That's pretty funny. Mainly because I used to work at a gas station and have had to do the same thing myself.
                          If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Working...
                          X