This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just some minor irritations

I need to vent. OK, it's busy for a Monday and we aren't short-handed, but it's just...busy. We are calling for backups and they are responding apropriately; we're doing what we can. So, these behaviors are unnecessary and rude:

--tapping your card impatiently on the counter while I'm scanning as fast as I can.
    --grabbing the bags while I'm trying to put things in them.
    --shoving your cart up the butt of the person in front of you, whom I'm still serving.

That said, this happened to my coworker, but it tees me off:

We've been having issues with a $10 coupon; it simply won't scan, and to override it takes a manager's code. Rather than make the customers wait, we are putting it in as two $5 coupons, which it will let a cashier do. No one, absolutely no one, has complained to me about it. In fact, they are all appreciative that I can make it work expediently. Well one SC saw the $5 entered and immediately jumped on my cw about it not being $10. CW explained that she would have to do it twice, but the customer would get $10 off. I was behind them; I know wasn't rude about it, but of course the SC said, "You don't have to have an attitude about it." Classic psychological projection right there. Then the SC said, "You just think I'm trying to rip you off." First of all, our company makes billions, and it's not ours, so why do we care about $10? And obviously the SC thought we were ripping her off, or this wouldn't have been a problem at all. But they always state the exact opposite of the truth. CW is a very nice high school senior who does not need this abuse. What is it with some of these middle-aged women in this town? It's like they encounter a young, pretty girl and instantly get on the defensive.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Sometimes the little things are worse than the big. I mean, if a SC is throwing a screaming tantrum I'll get like 10 nice customers afterward telling me how awful the SC was, and how they feel bad I have to deal with it. But the quiet people, with snide little comments just get my blood boiling. "You never have what I want. There's never anyone to help me. The line is always so long." Other examples, not taking a number, not being ready, interrupting me, being in the way.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      --grabbing the bags while I'm trying to put things in them.
      THIS. Irritates me. So. Much. I hate wasting bags. If a customer tries to turn the bag turnstyle before I'm done, nine times out of ten I will firmly turn it back to myself to finish filling the bags. I've not yet had anyone get mad at me for it, so it's all good.

I also seem to encounter the occasional "old lady attitude" whether it be for coupons or whatever. It comes off to me as someone who thinks she's above me, better than me. I usually ignore it, but there was one lady who got pissed at me about a TV because I was trying to tell her husband I needed to scan the serial number so he shouldn't lift it up again. I was trying to save him the trouble of lifting it again but oh no, the old cranky wife had to get pissed with me instead!
      Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter.

Comment

I hate people who think we are not giving them the appropriate discounts. In my store, if there is any percent off - sale, full price, what have you, it doens't ring up automatically. We have to hit the discount button, then choose the right one, and then choose the items for which it applies.

This happens all the time, but more often during our sales - I'll ring up and item, and the customer is watching like a hawk! And will say, "that's supposed to be x percent off" And I will politely tell them, yes, but I have to do it MANUALLY at the end. When I really want to say "why don't you STFU and let me finish, and you will SEE your discount???" Drives me nuts.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
          There's never anyone to help me. The line is always so long."
          Then spend more money, genius.

The people who make these complaints in my store are the same people who will buy a bunch of stuff, and then come back a week or so later with their mile-long receipt and make the service desk waste 15 minutes re-ringing everything on the receipt so they can save a whopping 57 cents. Then they bitch that there's nobody on the floor to help them or they have to wait in a long checkout line.

Gee, it's almost as if price adjustments take away from our sales, and therefore there's less payroll for the store to use!
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I used to hate the bag turner. When I worked for MalWart we had a CS that would bitch if we put more then one item in a bag, and didn't double bag it.

Comment

Working...
            X