This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tutoring Fun

Since I got moved into the backroom of the marina--so to speak--my only customer service experiences these days is my tutoring job. Here's about a month's worth of suck and hilarity.

Suck: "I want to add one more sentence about use cell phone beside of bluetooth is good in the future that can not affect to brain cancer."

There is no faster way to deflate my enthusiasm for an essay-writing session than refusing to make any sense. Because if your instant messages make no sense, that's almost a guarantee your essay will make even less sense. (And it did.)

Hilarity: "i am writing an informal essay and i NEED TO MAKE SURE IT SOUNDS GOOD AND MAKES SENSE"

So how long have you been on no-doze?

Suck: Stop it. Stop it stop it stop it. First time you automatically disconnect after I say "Hello!" I consider it an accident. Second is a bad internet connection. Third you're avoiding me. Fourth you haven't realized I'm the ONLY TUTOR ONLINE. When you do it over twenty times over two days? I don't even know what to say anymore.

Dude still needs help: Thankfully (for me) this guy has started requesting other tutors when he gets me because he wants multiple opinions. But that doesn't change the fact that when I look at comments from other tutors, and from my own experiences, this guy is constantly logging on, having the same conversation about his career choices, and logging back on again to have the same conversation with someone else.

Once is asking for help. Five times is being really sure. But this guy has been doing this since I started this job three months ago. He has been doing this for three months! I had my last session request from him yesterday. He's a very pleasant guy, but after a point you have to consider mental illness.

Gah....I hate the multiple opinions game. Had one kid who was getting all kinds of folks looking at his 200 question midterm review and arguing over answers we helped with. It's like, stop wasting my time!
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I usually recommend it during essay sessions, but I just limit it to two. I'll say something like: "I might have missed something, so I always recommend you log back in after you make the suggested changes and have one more tutor look at your work."

But there's a point where it goes beyond multiple opinions and all the way to utter crazy-town.

Comment

Working...
      X