This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth mjr View Post
    Speaking strictly from my perspective...some women can be really hot with short hair. But sometimes it depends on the cut.
    AMEN on that, my friend! I've known several women that were stunningly sexy with very short hair!!

Some look good with long hair, and some don't.
    I wish I looked good with long hair. My hair itself is awesome--thick and full and wavy. But long hair just does not work well with the shape of my face. I grew it out for years, and I didn't really get many dates until I cut it all off. (And I think it looks better short as well.)

Add those together, and there were a few times where I was going out with girls with much shorter hair than mine...
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

i hate my hair long. The more delicate parts of my features get covered up and i look more male than female. I liken it to look like kurt cobain. Short my more girly features are able to be seen.

Comment

I have a bit of an opposite problem. I'm curvy with a rather large chest, and very long hair. And I tend to more masculine activities. I work on my own car, do a lot of work on my house, etc. Recently I've been shopping for tile for a bathroom project (finally getting around to that upstairs bathroom I've been complaining about for two years), and some of the salespeople have been downright vile, not just condescending when asking me who I was going to have do the work and not being willing to accept the answer as "me". I can lay tile in my sleep. They can go stuff it.
        At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth Latekin View Post
          He stares at me angrily and says "excuse me siiir."
          Me: "Sorry, but I'm a woman. Yes, ma'am?"
          Fixed that for you, Latekin!
          cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
            I have a bit of an opposite problem. I'm curvy with a rather large chest, and very long hair. And I tend to more masculine activities. I work on my own car, do a lot of work on my house, etc. Recently I've been shopping for tile for a bathroom project (finally getting around to that upstairs bathroom I've been complaining about for two years), and some of the salespeople have been downright vile, not just condescending when asking me who I was going to have do the work and not being willing to accept the answer as "me". I can lay tile in my sleep. They can go stuff it.
            This is the kind of thing that proves sexism isn't dead. Will say no more outside of fratching, except people....ugh.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Call me a freak but I think some women look hot bald... Long hair, short hair, no hair, doesnt matter its her head and im just going to admire the view.

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
                AMEN on that, my friend! I've known several women that were stunningly sexy with very short hair!!
                Quoth Crai View Post
                Call me a freak but I think some women look hot bald... Long hair, short hair, no hair, doesnt matter its her head and im just going to admire the view.

You got that right. Grrrrrrowl.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post

Large chest, long hair, fix cars, and do home maintenance?

Hey, what's up. Come with me to the Casbah.

Comment

I have a FB friend who was utterly shocked by some of the intensely negative reactions to her short hair, including exchanges just like the one you described.

Her response is picture-perfect. "Yes, I'm a woman. Men don't get ovarian cancer. After I lost my hair, I kept it short because both my husband and my girlfriend think it's hot."

Most people who are going to belittle a stranger because of a freaking haircut don't have the mental acuity to take in that many plot twists all at once. She takes great joy in watching it drip into their brains:

Oh shit. I was just rude to a lady with cancer.

She said husband. Shit. She's straight.

By this time they are probably halfway into stammering apologies. But then the very last shoe drops.

Uh. Did she say "Girlfriend?"

According to her, that's when they usually just run away.

Comment

Mathnerd, if it's any consolation I run into the opposite situation at the fabric store. Many years back, I took a course (dropped out after the first year of a two-year program - decided the field wasn't for me, and it was declining anyway) that involved a lot of sewing - and I was one of two people (out of around 30) who knew how to sew before starting the course.
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

wordgirl, I think I'm in love with your friend.

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
                          Large chest, long hair, fix cars, and do home maintenance?

Hey, what's up. Come with me to the Casbah.
                          You'd have to fight Mr. Mathnerd. Funny conversation from yesterday:

Him: Hey, where'd the reciprocating saw come from?

Me: Home depot. *shit eating grin*

Him: I'm even more in love.

Note: Once I discovered what the walls in that bathroom were made of, I knew my little 4.5 inch angle grinder was not up to the job of cutting through them, so I bought my self a new power tool. New power tools are always a good thing. He was out of town and I failed to mention I bought it (just forgot, not that I was hiding anything, as it was out in plain open sight), and he saw it and wondered.

Quoth wolfie View Post
                          Mathnerd, if it's any consolation I run into the opposite situation at the fabric store. Many years back, I took a course (dropped out after the first year of a two-year program - decided the field wasn't for me, and it was declining anyway) that involved a lot of sewing - and I was one of two people (out of around 30) who knew how to sew before starting the course.
                          I can imagine. I have a friend who goes through something similar. He's 6'2", covered in tattoos (full back, partial chest, two full sleeves), former army helicopter pilot, rides a Harley, has a gun collection so big he converted his entire two car garage to a gun vault, and bakes and decorates wedding cakes. He gets some interesting responses to that last bit.
                          Last edited by MadMike; 07-09-2016, 05:55 AM. Reason: Was it really necessary to quote the damn image???
                          At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth Crai View Post
                            Latekin On behalf of sane men everywhere I apologize for the fact we have not managed to weed out the genetically inferior sub set of our species. Sadly stupid is allowed to breed.
                            The act of breeding doesn't cost anything, doesn't require expensive equipment, and almost anyone can learn to do it. That explains a lot, I think.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
                              I can imagine. I have a friend who goes through something similar. He's 6'2", covered in tattoos (full back, partial chest, two full sleeves), former army helicopter pilot, rides a Harley, has a gun collection so big he converted his entire two car garage to a gun vault, and bakes and decorates wedding cakes. He gets some interesting responses to that last bit.

Hey - Michael Berryman (The Hills Have Eyes, Weird Science, etc.) was a florist before going into acting.

"Your rose bouquet is ready!"

Comment

What's funny is that my friend learned how to decorate cakes as a cost saving measure when he got married a few decades ago. After he got out of the army he got his master's degree in one of the hard sciences and worked in that field for a few decades before he was laid off. Now he does the wedding cake thing to supplement his retirement income until he turns 65 and his retirement accounts don't have penalties.

Comment

Working...
                                X