This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I in the Twilight ZONE????

Usually I just glance at stuff at Retail Hell Underground but this link caught my eye

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/06/mall-...t-be-open.html

It seem the largest mall in the US will NOT be open on Thanksgiving Day along with a growing list of other semi-major retailers

Where is Rod Serling's voice over???????
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxf_Dvy0VLs
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

That's great. The place I work is on that list, and I don't think has ever been open on Thanksgiving Day. Sometimes a customer will ask me, and when I say no they're happy for us. Even our BF crowds have lessened. (because last year the BF prices went into effect 2-3 days before Thanksgiving!)
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

... and when you see Allen Funt in the news crew ...
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
        ... and when you see Allen Funt in the news crew ...
        Since Allen Funt has been dead for 17 years, that would be a horror show.
        This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

But MoA and all those other stores listed do not compete with Target, Walmart, et al for business on Thanksgiving Black Thursday.

Doorbusters on Thanksgiving Black Thursday are a big-box retail phenomenon. None of them will go back to Friday doorbusters unless they all do.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Actually, the more I think about this, the more I think this will encourage big-box stores to open even earlier on Thanksgiving Black Thursday. More potential customers since mall stores will be closed.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              Actually, the more I think about this, the more I think this will encourage big-box stores to open even earlier on Thanksgiving Black Thursday. More potential customers since mall stores will be closed.
              How long before one of them gets the idea to get the jump on all the others by having their big sales start on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving?
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I have been wonder that for a few years. That way we can go back to having Thanksgiving.
                Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                Save the Ales!
                Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Macy's has announced they are opening an hour earlier. I'm SO happy I got out of retail when I did. Granted, I spent 4 years working holidays when I was a tech. But you know, correctional facilities HAVE to have staff.

I remember, for my daughters' first Christmas, my husband worked at Denny's. He requested it off. He was denied. He was told he could change shifts with another cook, so he arranged to be off in the AM and work in the PM. well other cook did a no show. even though the switch was approved by management, and on the schedule, my husband was fired for it.

There was no holiday pay, no time and a half, nothing to compensate having to work the major holidays. you were forced to, or you were fired.

(sorry. ranty subject for me. I wish more places closed for the holidays)

Comment

Ad: "It's time to get a head start on your Christmas shopping!"
                    Person: "It's not even June, yet."

Actually, the most ridiculously timed ad I've seen was an M&M's Easter commercial that aired in September. I think somebody made a mistake.
                    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                      How long before one of them gets the idea to get the jump on all the others by having their big sales start on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving?
                      Tractor Supply Company Company started their sale today. I bought a 25 ton log splitter.
                      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                      Save the Ales!
                      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Boy April, that stinks!

Was the other cook reprimanded or written up for the NS?

Comment

Working...
                        X