X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play the Oregon Trail!

http://playdosgamesonline.com/oregon-trail.html

I'm sure that the Americans on the board remember this classic game. I was curious about it so looked for an online version. I nearly got to the end before all my group starved to death (apart from one who died of cholera) cuz of my ineptitude at the hunting game.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

*sigh* I learned how to play this on my first computer, waaaaay back in the second grade. Good times.
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

I had another go, and made it to the end. However, I am a bit worried about the fact that one of my family died of snakebite, then we "suddenly" got new supplies of food. O_o Did we eat him?
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
        ... Did we eat him?
        Mom, I don't like Joey!
        Shaddup and eat yer stew!

The original "Don't ask, don't tell!"
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
          I had another go, and made it to the end. However, I am a bit worried about the fact that one of my family died of snakebite, then we "suddenly" got new supplies of food. O_o Did we eat him?
          Were you in the Donner party?
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

"You have died of dysentery."

Remember playing a fair amount of it in middle school on the 'pizza box' Macintosh LC IIs they had in the computer labs. Also remember playing stuff like Number Munchers, Lemonade Stand, and LOGO (not a game, but still pretty cool). Never had much luck fording those damned rivers...
            Last edited by AdamAnt316; 11-12-2016, 05:34 AM. Reason: Now with links!
            Goofy music!
            Old tech junk!

Comment

You NEVER try and ford the river

Or bring a grandfather clock with you.
              - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                Were you in the Donner party?
                There's no party like a Donner party!

I have to admit, I chose to be a banker, paid the Indian to ferry the wagon across the river and chose to take the long way round rather than drift the wagon down the river. Apparently, a lot of people try to ford the river rather than pay the Indian to save money and end up drowning everyone.

Never played this at school; we Brits played Granny's Garden. Nowhere near as fun, or as traumatic as the Oregon Trail. XD
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Ah yes, playing Oregon Trail on a school computer. If you're lucky and skilled enough you get to see all the gravestones of the other students from years before as they ultimately failed. If it was popular enough and long lasting enough it would stop you after every cycle.
                  I AM the evil bastard!
                  A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

My ancestors were smart enough to settle down half-way, in Utah.
                    One Irish great-great-grandmother as an 8 year old was carried in her fathers arms from eastern Nebraska to Great Salt Lake City after being bit on the arm by a rattlesnake.
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I played Oregon Trail on an Apple //c back in the mid-80's, and I still have the DOS version 'round here somewhere. I got pretty good at it; I could usually get the entire party to Oregon safely, never had to hunt (which was good, because hunting was an absolute pain), etc.

Edit: I also figured out how to cheat. Nothing makes the game easier than starting with $999,999,999.
                      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                      OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                      she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                      Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

I play already on my laptop. I also play Amazon trail. I wish I could play Yukon trail too but it doesn't work
                        Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                        The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
                          I played Oregon Trail on an Apple //c back in the mid-80's, and I still have the DOS version 'round here somewhere. I got pretty good at it; I could usually get the entire party to Oregon safely, never had to hunt (which was good, because hunting was an absolute pain), etc.

Edit: I also figured out how to cheat. Nothing makes the game easier than starting with $999,999,999.
                          Does the cheat work on this version? Of course, it wouldn't stop you from dying of dysentery, cholera or any of the other sudden deaths visited on you for no reason.
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

You should try Organ Trail, it's a mobile game that has basically the same kind of route, only it's during the zombie apocalypse.
                            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

I like to speedrun oregon trail every now and again, can usually do it from start to finish in around 5 to 5 and a half minutes. >_>
                              Violets are blue,
                              Roses are red,
                              I bequeath to thee...
                              A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Working...
                              X