X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adios, Castro!

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-38114953

Looks like Mr. Burns is never getting his trillion dollar bill back.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

I'd heard he's been in ill-health for a while now and it was just a matter of time. IIRC his brother's been running the country.

I don't think this will really change anything, especially with Obama having already lifted the embargo...

Comment

Yeah, don't think much will change for the people there, at least not right away.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I hope my high school Spanish teacher, Senora Bravo, lived long enough to see this.
        Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Though I do have to wonder why the *long* displaced expat Cubans think that just because Castro died they will somehow magically get back whatever they lost when they had to bail out of Cuba ... [or at any point in the past 50 odd years if he had dropped dead they would have gotten <whatever> back ...]

Though I do hope the idiots who have made us keep the useless embargo in place will stop the idiocy and let us vacation there soon. I have heard that Cuba is a beautiful place, the population are nice and I would really love a chance to go and see for myself.
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Well, Obama and he were in talks about ending the embargo in the past year (March). O's remarks at the time could be summed up as to "Not if, but WHEN. It will end." So, there's hope yet.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
            X