Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honest Trailers - Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honest Trailers - Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964)

Um, yeah...an "Honest Trailer" about the upcoming "Rudolph" classic...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP2NzW2k95o
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Welp there goes my childhood!!!
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I'm going to have to try not to snicker and/or giggle tonight when I'm watching this...

Comment

So after watching this special, it's obvious most of the "kid" reindeer are jerks...but it's surprising to me just how many of the adults in the Rudolph special are jerks...especially to Rudolph.

The only ones that aren't are Sam the Snowman (the Narrator), Yukon Cornelius, Mrs. Donner, and Mrs. Claus.

Santa tells Donner (Rudolph's father) he should be ashamed of himself...in front of Rudolph. Like it's Donner's fault somehow that Rudolph was born with his nose. Not only that, but Donner does seem embarrassed by Rudolph, and wants to try to live vicariously through him.

The reindeer "coach" (who is Comet, I believe) is the one who tells the other reindeer that Rudolph won't be able to join the Reindeer games.

Santa flat-out insults Rudolph on a couple of different occasions -- to his face.

The head elf guy is a jerk to the other elves, too. It seems like there are a lot of jerks in Christmastown...

I guess Rudolph was gone long enough to forgive Santa, but it would be interesting to see one of those "How it Should Have Ended" where Rudolph basically told Santa he wouldn't help...

Comment

I have to confess, 13-year-old me (first year it came out) was rooting for Rudolph to tell Santa to shove it.

Comment

I always hated that song. I always wanted Rudolph to tell those bigoted @&$holes where to shove it.
            "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
            X