Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merry Christmas, well-meaning Home Depot employees. You are FIRED.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Christmas, well-meaning Home Depot employees. You are FIRED.

linky

You know, I get why companies don't want employees going after shoplifters; really, I do. But in this case, the apparent criminal tried to ram an HD cashier with a cart and then looked as if he was about to attack another. At least one of the fired employees only came over to protect his co-workers. One of the two employees who were physically threatened only asked the suspect for his receipt and had no further involvement, yet she was fired as well.

I can see writing them up. But firing them? Pretty crappy.

I have no words. One employee came to the aid of another, and another just got a tag number. Nobody really went after him, and checking the carts is required.

Sounds like corporate is trying to protect themselves but all they're doing is making themselves look heartless. I hope this comes back to haunt them...

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
      I have no words. One employee came to the aid of another, and another just got a tag number. Nobody really went after him, and checking the carts is required.
      Even getting the tag number or retrieving the merchandise while the shoplifter is still there is iffy. There could be an accomplice with a gun or some other weapon.

Best thing to do in these situations these days is call the cops. Companies are terrified of lawsuits or news stories of people being shot or otherwise harmed by a booster at one of their locations. This is likely one reason why some retailers are downsizing or completely eliminating their LP departments.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
      X