This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Foxbite View Post
    My pet peeve is when people leave the motorized scooter carts out in the rain and don't tell anyone. Between leaving them everywhere, cars ramming them in the lot and failing to plug them back in, they clearly don't want to have any functional carts available to them when they come.
    Quoth XRogue View Post
    Not weatherproof enough alas, water in the motor can damage 'em, plus driving around unlevel parking lots is bad for 'em too. Plus ppl steal the damn things.
    Fortunately, as I've mentioned before, that isn't a problem for us anymore. After the second time I had to drive one of those things back to the store from a bus stop half a mile away, the store manager had our maintenance guy weld some steel bars onto the basket that stick straight up and make it impossible for the scooters to fit through the exit doors. It always feels so satisfying when I hear that signature "KLACK!" sound indicating that someone didn't notice the thing that's literally been in front of their face the entire time they've been shopping and tried to drive the scooter outside.

It finally happened earlier this month that one of the carts had been rammed into the door so many times that the bar snapped in half. We had to send the maintenance guy on an emergency Home Depot run to pick up a new one.

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
    Especially frustrating when a customer digs into a line of carts to "find a dry one" towards the back, leaving all of the carts they pull out loose behind them to block my way when I come in with a new batch of carts.
    That'd backfire on them at the Store, of course. We load our cart room from the rear, so the carts in back are the ones that have most recently been in the rain.
    Last edited by Smapti; 03-28-2017, 05:22 AM.

Comment

Quoth Smapti View Post
      the store manager had our maintenance guy weld some steel bars onto the basket that stick straight up and make it impossible for the scooters to fit through the exit doors.
      May your manager's tribe increase!
      Last edited by EricKei; 04-04-2017, 11:51 AM. Reason: snip

Comment

Quoth Smapti View Post
        That'd backfire on them at the Store, of course. We load our cart room from the rear, so the carts in back are the ones that have most recently been in the rain.
        If they tried that at Hechinger's--at least the store where I worked--they would have had to move an awful lot of carts. The dry ones were parked against the wall--the 'free' ones would usually be the ones I'd just pulled inside. At least in the lumber or "outside yard" (basically a large open area with a roof), you could easily see which of the flat carts were wet or covered in a layer of mud. We never rinsed or dried those carts off. Bags break, plants leak, pigeons shit on them--we would have been constantly dealing with that.
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
          Bags break, plants leak, pigeons shit on them--we would have been constantly dealing with that.
          I initially read that as "people shit on them." It's possible I've been hanging around this place waaaay too long o_O
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I'm in a place that doesn't get tons of rain consistently, and yet I still keep a towel in my car just in case I get caught in torrential downpour / don't want to deal with wet cart when I get to the store.
            My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
            It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

I have some touch sensitivity issues related to my ADHD and I don't like droplets of water on my hands. That said if all the carts were wet I think I'd try to find a paper towel (like from the restroom or service desk) and dry off the handles myself.
              "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth Foxbite View Post
                My pet peeve is when people leave the motorized scooter carts out in the rain and don't tell anyone.
                I once had the chance to talk with someone who I believed to take the motorized scooter carts out in the rain.

They said the reason they took it out and never told anyone is that they like how the rain feels hitting them, they can't stand up for long, they don't like sitting in puddles, and they don't like to tell anyone because they're afraid that people like me would guilt-trip them by telling them that others would like to use the carts.

Oh, how I wish I could have exploded on them for that. They know others need to use the carts, but escape the guilt by being sneaky about it. Die in a fire, suckstomer.

I know every suckstomer has different reasons for their actions, but you never know when they're a hive mind.
                Cast in the name of Death, Ye not living.

Comment

Quoth Nonstop_Death View Post
                  Oh, how I wish I could have exploded on them for that. They know others need to use the carts, but escape the guilt by being sneaky about it. Die in a fire, suckstomer.
                  I'd have told them to "buy a folding chair, you cheap bastard!"
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I really dislike seeing people dump trollies where ever they feel like it at my local, especially when they go under an overhang that keeps the trollies dry. How much effect is it to stick it into one of the little bays scatted about.
                    What drives me nuts is when I see people leave them outside the (empty)bays where they are going to blow into cars and cause trouble. (saw one roll right into a car in the disabled parking)

Comment

Working...
                    X