Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are you grabbing magazines if you can't f***ing read!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are you grabbing magazines if you can't f***ing read!

Okay the situation is that our mag rack is clearly labeled... In big letters.. Where things belong. Yet every time I switch the old for the new mags, they are put all over the place. Including racks on the other side of the store. My theory, our customers are just really really stupid and don't actually know how to read. But to make themselves look smart they grab something off the rack and flip through it... Before moving to a different tack to put it down. We aren't selling very many at all (duh you can get it online for free why would you pay 12$ every week?) so ppl aren't actually interested in them that much. And it's not just shoved in the most convenient hand high location either, so it can't just be laziness (especially since in some cases they're moving 15ft away to put it back in the wrong spot).

Either lots of people are just being inconsiderate fucks and deliberately screwing with me or they don't actually know how to read. Either way my hope for humanity has just sunk a little more.
    Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Quoth AkaiKitsune View Post
    Either lots of people are just being inconsiderate fucks and deliberately screwing with me or they don't actually know how to read.
    I would guess the first two
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Look on the bright side: At least you're not finding the magazines after they've thawed, fermented, leaked, molded and decomposed all over everything.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

My vote's for inconsiderate and lazy. At my old work people thought nothing of picking up something and setting it down wherever, even while I was helping them. I mean, I was standing right there talking to them and they'd still just plunk something down not making an attempt to put it where it should go. I'd scoop it right back up and put it where it should have gone, but I'm sure they didn't notice/care.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Even if they can't read, surely in many cases they can identify pictures ...? I mean, the one thing magazines have plenty of is pictures ... including at least one nice BIG one on the front cover.
          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Another vote for lazy and inconsiderate. The only reason some people care that things are in their proper place is so that they can find them. Why should they bother to put things back so the next person can also find them?

Comment

I say cheap & lazy. They're reading what interests them while walking around the store, then popping back on the first rack they see.
              This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
              I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

They're obviously not interested in the articles.
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I vote for the first two as well, although there is a gang of teens that wander around where I live that consider it a mark of pride to read as little as possible.

Going by what teens do to look tough, I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few of them that considered it a badge of badassness to choose to be illiterate.
                  Cast in the name of Death, Ye not living.

Comment

Several years ago I went into Best Buy looking for a certain utility computer program. I looked very carefully in the section where it should have been and couldn't find it. An employee asked what I was looking for. I told him. He walked over two aisles to the game section and immediately found the program for me.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                    X